Is pricing plans unbelievably & extremely expensive or did I misunderstand something?

Hello, nice day my friends,

According to Pro Plan, we have to pay $10 for each active user/guest in the month.

I have an app called “food online menu”, meaning that every month, thousands of guests surfing my app (just surfing, not yet mentioning about purchasing my products), then the amount I have to pay for Appsheet Pro Plan will be several tens of thousands dollars / each month???

Is it normal for this strange price or did I misunderstand something? Any explanation appreciated!

Thank you.

6 31 2,906
31 REPLIES 31

For your case , I think there is another plan , the one for whitelisted apps (50$ per.month I think). The app will be published in google and apple stores

Look here: https://solutions.appsheet.com/pricing

Need Public Apps?

Publicly accessible applications that don’t contain sensitive data and don’t require user sign-in can be created with an AppSheet Publisher Pro subscription. These apps include the feature sets of the Pro Plan, but do not include user sign-in options or the use of security filters. Publisher Pro apps can be used by an unlimited number of users for $50/mo/app. Learn more

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact sales@appsheet.com for help with this.

Sometimes Appsheet isn’t the right choice. It’s an amazing platform, but not always a perfect fit.

Thanks for all replying…
It’s really a big pity for this kind of price. Since Appsheet would be the best platform for creating excellent apps, now the price is destroying every comfortable idea, million people stop right at the the moment they read about the pricing plans and so, there are no ideas/applications anymore for this community then.

Maybe in near future, Appsheet (as a Google culture) will change the price calculation??? Hope so!

I agree, it’s extremely expensive. Espessially if you want to use login and security filters.

Nypam

Well I couldn’t agree more. Paying $5/user/month for an app is just insane… I can’t go public but can’t affort to pay for each users 60+.

Sad.

I Agree, too expensive.

I understand that AppSheets needs to make money however it is too expensive for me (at the current situation). I will solve the same thing with AppScript instead.

It all boilds down to the use case.
For me, USD10 for a user that can access any app of the AppSheet Account is a good price.
AppSheet apps can go up to some kind of ERP if you have enough time and skills.
If you just need 1 app, it’s expensive.
Also, as others have mentioned, AppSheet may not be the kind of service you want. AppSheet is for small to midsize business IMHO.

Uggg, I just got sucked into this as well..  I just sent the following to sales@appsheet.com to see if there are exceptions for non-profits.  I hope we didn't get excited for nothing. 

Hi there.

I was so excited to find your platform. I have stayed up for almost 5 days ingesting your amazing development platform and finally was able to create the mobile app I have dreamed of creating for years, but just couldn't afford it.

The purpose of this app is to be a free tool to help people heal themselves on this changing planet. I even created a landing page at http://holisticwellnesstracker.com , had a few friends beta test it, and was excited to roll out this free self-directed self-healing tool to the planet.  And then I received a message that I had not purchased enough licenses.

See, I made the mistake of thinking that your per user license was Per developer license (accessing the back end), not end user.  I have recently put all of my resources into starting a nonprofit to support global healing called https://holisticworldvision.com and have nothing left to give but love to this endeavor.

Is there another way that i can offer this healing app for free? Because of the nature of the app, I do need to separate user data, so unfortunately security filters are a must. Is there anything you can do to help? I was struggling with signing up for the $10 a month fee, thinking that would get the holistic Wellness Tracker into the hands of those who need it on a free basis.

Is there at least a registered non-profit discount or some sort of exception for philanthropic use?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Agent5D_0-1643748804838.png

Here is the reply I received from Google Support:

"Unfortunately, the security filters are only available on the secure plans, which are per user plans. However, there is a 50% discount for non-profits: https://community.appsheet.com/t/non-profit-discount/20288"

So I would only have to pay $25 per month per user that installs and uses my FREE wellness app that promotes self-directed self-healing. Hmm.

You could use a publisher license type (which is $50pm for unlimited users).  But you can't get them to login and you can't use a normal security filter.  You can however allow them to submit data and then use a Bot to email them relevant data.  Or you could just rely on slices to hide data not relevant to them.  But note that an App would sync all data then just show them a subset whereas a security filter one send the App the data its allowed to use

Hey 1 Min.  I was wondering about a way to use some sort of dynamic slice, and came to the same conclusion about subsequent app performance.  My app has very little logic calculations, however, I can see the potential for hundreds of thousands of user records accumulating over time. decent performance would be unsustainable without proper filtering.  I love your creativity though!

Seriously, I don't want to spam the site with a competidor but it seems like AppSheet is not the platform you need.

The only option I kinda know is GlideApps but I haven't used it.

Take a look at something they call "Public sign-in" that's USD32/month

Thanks for the info. I just took a look and it looks like GlideApps is also charging on a per end-user basis.  Their Private App plan is $40 a month + $2 per user with only 20 private users included. Seems like more of the same pricing model. I appreciate your post though. I need to find an answer.

Private app is for Private sign-in. You need public-sign in.

Private is basically any form of closed enviroment like a business. That's where AppSheet shines.

I see.  Thanks for the clarification. Skroyc.

I am a Doctor, Physician from India.

Though My professional knowledge is completely far from creating apps and writing expression, I am using an appsheet app created by me to manage clients registry at my clinic.

Also I am thinking to share my app securely with  my clients to provide vital information about our service, appointment making and other interactions.

But I'm stuck here with appsheet pricing.

Hope appsheet provide separate platform for small businesses which serve only locally.

AppSheet is a platform for small businesses but not for their consumers, that's another field.

B2B and not B2C

Yeah.. That's like appsheet restricting 80% of its own potential. Right?

Not really. Think about the potencial for an internal aplication where a group of doctors manage the info of their patients and a supervisor can be incharge of a certain part of the group to monitor their jobs, they can generate pdf with reports and schedule summaries for the week, etc

I mean, this is all inside of the company, the interactions are made by members of the company, not the patients.

That's the business model of AppSheet, B2B instead of B2C

To be fair, this is not made obvious during the signup process

FAQs | Google AppSheet

To be fair, even if I consider AppSheet misleading these days, the client is responsible from knowing the platform he wants to use.

The fact that AppSheet is part of GWorkspace should give you a glimpse

I am on my way returning to Ionic right now! Bye Appsheet.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Curious how you who want AppSheet for free expect Google to pay its expenses to operate AppSheet. All AppSheet apps rely on Google infrastructure for basic functionality. Your AppSheet app, no matter how designed or used, requires the Google infrastructure to operate.

Easy one @Steve . I would suggest that a free version of AppSheet could be supported by the same model Google already uses to provide countless other free services.... Usage tracking and ADS.

This model increases the user base of app developers / consumers and lets them become familiar with the AppSheet services. At the same time, Google can deliver more advertising to their users while profiting from those ads. 

Moving Appsheet to Google's well oiled Ad platform would be a huge benefit to all, Especially Google!! How about it Google?

Hmmm... If Appsheet was primarily designed for internal users, how would Google run ads on it?  Would we want our employees to see Ads on apps we create?

Trying to understand what you meant by that.

This can become a show stopper for Worksuite companies that are already on a Worksuite Enterprise plans.

As we know, Only Appsheet Core is included and Core plan does not provide Domain restrictions.

This means that companies already paying millions for their Google Worksuite Enterprise plan will have to pay more millions to upgrade to the Appsheet Enterprise plans, just to ensure that Citizen Developers will not be able to create public apps or allow external users to sign in to the apps.

Google Admins who will not be able to monitor and govern app security of Appsheet apps created will oppose use of AppSheet and will probably push to completely turn it off for the whole organization if the company will not be willing to shell out more millions to get domain level restrictions.

Sure, Appsheet can be turned on for specific users only, but there is no way to turn it on for app creators only, because even app users only would need to have the Appsheet turned on for their Google Profiles in order to sign in to the app.  And of course, turning it on for the app users will also allow them to create apps.

Moreover, even if you turn it on only for specific creators and their users, there is still no way to monitor and check if the creators follow the security protocols needed.

Why does Appsheet need to have a different set of security protocols from the ones already in place for the Worksuite Enterprise plans?  Why did they not design it the way they did with AppMaker?

FYI, this is a huge distinction between AppSheet and Microsoft Power Apps, where domain restriction is the standard for the default plan in an enterprise MS Office account.

@JPAlpano wrote:

Why did they not design it the way they did with AppMaker?

Did you know that AppSheet was not made by Google, right?

Oh, right. I almost forgot they were already acquired that way.

Then im just hoping this would have an alignment plan in the road map.  The way it works now may mean (for those companies i gave as example) its either you upgrade to enterprise or don't use the core plan we give (for free anyways) at all.

I can see how this may have been the marketing plan in the first place. 

Top Labels in this Space