Is "Public but not visible on my portfolio" an option?

Hi! In the past I have made some super simple apps that were merely intended to illustrate something discussed in this community. The apps may be useful in the context of a discussion but, otherwise, I feel the urge to erase them from my portfolio because they would not make sense to a passerby. If I could make an app โ€œpublicโ€ (accessible via URL) but NOT put in on my portfolio page, I wouldnโ€™t need to erase it.

Iโ€™m posting this today because I noticed that a sample app that someone else had made to illustrate something discussed in this community is no longer available. It looks like Iโ€™m not the only one who feels the need to delete old โ€œillustrative appsโ€ after a period of time. But, as you can imagine, this weakens the value of the community as an archive or previously discussed topics.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is there a way around this that I havenโ€™t noticed?
  2. If there isnโ€™t a way around this problem, would you agree that I should post a feature request?

The feature request my involve a change to the following settings:

โ€œMake this a public sampleโ€ might be separated into two check boxes: โ€œMake publicโ€ and โ€œShow on portfolioโ€. โ€œShow on portfolioโ€ could be greyed out unless the creator had checked โ€œMake publicโ€ but โ€œMake publicโ€ by itself would not necessitate display on the portfolio.

A portfolio is something that says โ€œThis is the kind of work I can do.โ€ We shouldnโ€™t have to clutter it up with bits and pieces of apps we made to help people out in the community. Thanks for your consideration.

3 2 404
2 REPLIES 2

Good note, I agree with you.

Hi! I just got a โ€œlikeโ€ for this old thread so I thought I should point out that now I know that it IS possible to share a sample without putting it on my portfolio page. For details, please see the following:

Thanks to @tsuji_koichi for the excellent help.

Top Labels in this Space