Is the menu the only place where I can show a...

Is the menu the only place where I can show a link to the User Settings view?

0 7 332
7 REPLIES 7

Hi +Charlie Wells I believe currently usersettings view is available for display only from menu.

However, just like any other view, you could link to usersettings view from within a detailed view of a record of another table by configuring an action type โ€œApp: go to another view within the appโ€ and LINKTOVIEW() function.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar is correct. You can design a Menu view in your app, and with the help of an app type column, you can use LINKTOVIEW(โ€œSettingsโ€) expression

@Levent_KULACOGLU and @Suvrutt_Gurjar thanks. Those are slightly different solutions, I think.

App type column solution: I added a column defined as type App, and set the value of that column to LINKTOVIEW(โ€œSettingsโ€) in App Formula, but that didnโ€™t work. Is there another slot in the column description where I tell it to LINKTOVIEW(โ€œSettingsโ€) (other than App Formula)?

The Action method doesnโ€™t work either; I tried that, nothing happens. Iโ€™ll try it again if the App column solution doesnโ€™t work.

Thanks!

Some more details: I have a view where users enter their settings. That view has a Cancel and Save buttons at the bottom. If the user hits Save, everything is fine and they can advance to the next view. BUT if they hit Cancel theyโ€™re still taken to the Finish view specified in Settings, which is wrong.

So I wanted to send them back to the settings view if they had accidentally hit Cancel, which is kind of a hack.

Right now the Settings view is the first thing the users sees when they launch the app. Not sure where they should go if they hit Cancel, to be honestโ€ฆ

Let me think about this (but it still would be good for LINKTOVIEW(โ€œSettingsโ€) to work)

+Charlie Wells

In your gSheet, regarding your app type column, you can type: #control=Settings In your deck UX for the Menu view, choose GoToApp Link for row selected

@Levent_KULACOGLU thanks - I think I didnโ€™t explain what I wanted to do very well.

a) I already have a Menu view for Settings where users enter their settings b) If they enter their settings, they then hit SAVE and the view goes to the Finish View c) the problem happens if the user hits CANCEL on that Settings view. It still goes to the Finish View, which is wrong. The Finish View is a table, so Iโ€™m taken to the form for that table.

Iโ€™m just going to redesign this so that the right thing will happen if the user hits Cancel on the menu view for Settings. I know how to do that - Iโ€™ve done it for another app.

Thanks for your help!

@Suvrutt_Gurjar and @Levent_KULACOGLU, I redesigned the app and got it to work (used gallery view). Thanks for your help!

Top Labels in this Space