Is there a good video or document explaining ...

Is there a good video or document explaining how the action displays are designed to function? I’ve been reading through the community but need a good foundation first to determine how to use.

Thanks so much

0 8 509
8 REPLIES 8

Cubyl

depend how action you need. Link, Phone, E-mail, copy row, go to view or app. All action work’s for that. Action work’s with column inside spreadsheet table. Depend’s at what you need to do

update value. Differences between Display Prominently, Display Overlay, Display Inline is what I’ll need to review.

Thanks

Cubyl

Prominently appsheet insert action in a detail view in automatic. Dependance in this case how filter condition you insert. Inline and display show in some case, depending at what type of column. I explain Next step now i have issue into my App and support today not work. But if you use prominently for example if you want show action only where data is into the column on the spreadsheet, in a row condition you use formula like this [column]<>""

@Daisy_Ramirez the main difference is that inline displays the action in each row in table view, and overlay and prominently are in detail view; just test it out yourself for one action and see the differences on both table view and detail view.

Thanks Cubyl and Reza.

I have a few prominent and overlay actions in the works but hadn’t seen anything appear for the inline at all.

In all cases the column is included the slice and I’ve used Attach to column to specify the column in the table view I’d like to have the action appear next to.

I’ve adjusted the view to display only a single column to make sure I wasn’t out of space on the screen but the action continues to appear in the upper right hand 3 dotted menu only not within the table record.

Thanks for the help.

@Daisy_Ramirez in order for the inline action to show up on table view, you need to add the actual column that this action is updating to the list of Column order in your table view definition.

Thanks Reza, that was it!

Thanks so much for your help!

I’ll keep this in my notes.

You are welcome Daisy!

Top Labels in this Space