Is there a limit of how many conditions i can...

Is there a limit of how many conditions i can have in an “IFS” statement? I want to insert 183 conditions, however, the “App Function” gives error (with no error description) after 140 conditions.

0 4 347
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Deep_Foundations There should be no limit, so you may be hitting a bug.

However. Having so many conditions in an IFS is going to make your life difficult. There’s probably a way to simplify. For example, you may be able to use a LOOKUP expression: appsheet.com - Lookup Function - How to use the LOOKUP function

Can you post your formula (or a sketch of it, at least)? Lookup Function - How to use the LOOKUP function appsheet.com

@tony

Thanks for your prompt response. When will Appsheet be looking into this problem to fix the bug? Should i submit the bug somewhere? I just need to get this app published this month. Also, lookups wont help in my case, it is kinda complex. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Would it be possible to show the formula… not the whole one but part of it so we could try to understand is there any other way to build it.

tony1

@Deep_Foundations Yes, please post your formula. It will be helpful to find the possible bug, but also I’m guessing we could figure out a dramatic simplification.

Top Labels in this Space