Is there a non-functional status for AppSheet...

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #1

Is there a non-functional status for AppSheet REST API right at the moment? I can follow from the audit log that the API is invoked, the payload is correct and no errors issued but the posted data is not in the sheet at all.

(Philip Garrett) #2

@Levent_KULACOGLU

I can investigate if you provide: 1. The account id 2. The app name 3. The exact timestamp from of the failing record in Audit history 4. Your permission to log in as you and replay the failing request.

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #3

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh sure thing. Here are the details: 1. Account ID: 543624 2. App Name: 5STakipSistemi-543624 3.Timestamp: ( from the audit log as UTC ) 8/8/2018 9:18:28 PM 4. Permission: Access granted

You will notice that the API is invoked, there are no errors, payload is correct however the data is not in the gSheet and also the workflows are not triggered either.

I have one successful trial as of 8/8/2018 7:10:20 PM UTC which had triggered the workflows also and recorded the data to the sheet but then my successive trials are not performing the same.

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #4

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh please check out the attached screenshot from the Audit Log. It’s said to be “successful” but no any data recorded to the sheet. What I have noticed in this JSON is the “null” values. Provided the API call to the table, reads the table schema for total number of columns and passing “null” values for the columns that are not presented/picked/passed in the payload, then I can say that in this JSON payload I have counted 44 key parameter values but my sheet has only 30 columns actually. Just FYI.

(Philip Garrett) #5

@Levent_KULACOGLU@Aleksi_Alkio

I have found what appears to be the problem. I am working on a solution. This may take some time because testing may be lengthy.

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #6

Thanks for your prompt intervention @Philip_Garrett_Appsh , appreciated. I’ll be await your final confirmation to move forward.

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #7

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh here is the payload I use via POSTMAN

{

“Action”: “Add”,

“Properties”: {

“Locale”: “tr-TR”,

“Location”: “41.0084018, 29.1797537”,

“Timezone”: “Turkey Standard Time”

},

“Rows”: [

{

“HEADER1”: “”,

“ID”: “aaBB11cc”,

“KAYIT TARİHİ”: “08.08.2018 11:27:59”,

“KAYDEDEN”: “WEB KAYIT”,

“DEĞİŞİKLİK TARİHİ”: “”,

“DEĞİŞTİREN”: “”,

“FOTO”: “”,

“ADI”: “Levent”,

“SOYADI”: “KULAÇOĞLU”,

“ŞEHİR”: “İstanbul”,

“DOĞUM TARİHİ”: “15/06/1970”,

“E-POSTA”: "levent@able3ventures.com"

}

]

} Translate

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #8

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh I have discovered out that the problem is issued from the column headers which contains some accented Turkish characters like “Ş”, “Ğ”, “Ç” and “İ”. When I remove those column headers from the payload, the data is added to the sheet. How to overcome this?

(Philip Garrett) #9

@Levent_KULACOGLU

It is incredibly helpful that you figured out the cause of the problem.

I will look at the problem now, but I have no idea what will be required to fix it until I have done more investigation.

(Aleksi Alkio) #10

Mr Levent, answer is easy… don’t use special characters as column headers :wink:

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #11

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

When I have digged a bit more down, I see that only some special accented chars resulting the problem: {“Ğ” , “Ş” , “Ç” , “Ü”}

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #12

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh I believe the problem is not that either unfortunately. I have changed the accented chars to Latin Alphabet letters but issue is still valid. Hoewever, very interestingly, if I limit the payload to 3-4 columns, it’s working

(Philip Garrett) #13

@Levent_KULACOGLU@Aleksi_Alkio

I don’t think it is the column name either. I tried updating a Number column called “ŞĞÇİ” through the REST API and the update worked fine.

Can I reproduce the problem by using the payload you provided above? If so, can I submit the REST API request against your app to reproduce the problem? I need to step through the REST API request in the debugger.

If that is not possible, can you create a copy of the app that I can use for testing?

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #14

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Under the same account there is a debugging app with the identical app structure. You can use that app for debugging as the current app is live and in use.

App Name: 5S-DEBUG

You can use the payload I have shared for sure. Be informed that below payload is working and recording the data:

{

“Action”: “Add”,

“Properties”: {

“Locale”: “tr-TR”,

“Location”: “41.0084018, 29.1797537”,

“Timezone”: “Turkey Standard Time”

},

“Rows”: [

{

“HEADER1”: “”,

“ID”: “aaBB11cc”,

“KAYIT TARİHİ”: “08.08.2018 11:27:59”,

“KAYDEDEN”: “WEB KAYIT”,

“DEĞİŞİKLİK TARİHİ”: “”,

“DEĞİŞTİREN”: “”,

“FOTO”: “”,

“ADI”: “Levent”,

“SOYADI”: “KULAÇOĞLU”

}

]

}

On the contrary, this payload is not working as expected though many columns are still not added to this payload:

{

“Action”: “Add”,

“Properties”: {

“Locale”: “tr-TR”,

“Location”: “41.0084018, 29.1797537”,

“Timezone”: “Turkey Standard Time”

},

“Rows”: [

{

“HEADER1”: “”,

“ID”: “aaBB11cc”,

“KAYIT TARİHİ”: “08.08.2018 11:27:59”,

“KAYDEDEN”: “WEB KAYIT”,

“DEĞİŞİKLİK TARİHİ”: “08.08.2018 12:07:43”,

“DEĞİŞTİREN”: “Fulya AKÇAY”,

“FOTO”: “”,

“ADI”: “Levent”,

“SOYADI”: “KULAÇOĞLU”,

“ŞEHİR”: “İstanbul”,

“DOĞUM TARİHİ”: “15/06/1970”,

“E-POSTA”: "levent@able3ventures.com"

}

]

}