Is there a sample expression for doing a casc...

Is there a sample expression for doing a cascading update from a child table to a parent?

I need to update the status on a parent row when a child is changed.

0 4 414
4 REPLIES 4

tony1
Participant V

@Gray_Young This example shows a parent record calling actions on its child records, but the same basic idea applies: appsheet.com - Reference Actions - This app shows how to use reference actions

The โ€œReferenced Rowsโ€ part of the action definition would just be LIST([Reference column to parent]) Reference Actions - This app shows how to use reference actions appsheet.com

Hi @tony, I just need the same thing. I cant find the sample app you mention .

Can you please share the correctly link . to check it out ?

Regards,

Geovanni

@Geovanni_Gerardo_Roj It is always great to check out the documentation. I would start here https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961426-references-between-tables

To save timeโ€ฆfirst Iโ€™ll assume you create the proper โ€œIsPartOfโ€ reference connection between the two tables. After that if you want to update a field on the Parent with the child row as your current row, it is as simple as:

[Parent ID].[Field to Update] = โ€œvalue to update withโ€

The Parent Id is simply a ref to the parent record and you can apply the โ€œdotโ€ notation to access/dereference any field on the parent record.

tony1
Participant V

@Geovanni_Gerardo_Roj Hereโ€™s the app I mentioned:

Top Labels in this Space