is there a way i can disable access to app ga...

is there a way i can disable access to app gallery

in my deployed apps’ menu?

or is there a way i can hide the menu button but not the search button?

0 17 2,577
17 REPLIES 17

Unfortunately I need to say no for both questions. May I ask why do you like to hide the App Gallery?

I am buying into this question for clarification.

If I want to create an app for multiple single or infrequent use data collection from many users, I don’t want them to have access to all my apps. Being unable to hide the app gallery means that I can’t use AppSheet in that situation

@Rob_atYahoo
May I ask why don’t you hide the hamburger menu directly? Do you have more than 5 menu UX options to show to the user?

@LeventK

Hi,
But if you hide the side menu AND you do want to use UserSettings, then the access to these settings will also be unavailable!?

Could you try to turn ON “WhiteLabel” setting?
I reckon this also hide App Gallery view from the app.

Indeed it does!

Lovely to hear you sorted out.

No 5 options is more than enough. Hiding the hamburger menu disables search functions too, doesn’t it?

That’s correct

Thanks. Not a big deal for my situation

Thank you @tsuji_koichi,

I thought however that WHITE LABEL app requires you to have PRO plan. A bit pricey tag for just removing access to the App Gallery.

Thank you anyway!

I have a number of apps and I don’t want all users to have access to all of them, or even know they exist, so I want to restrict access to the App Gallery. I only want them to have the access I send them links to use and, until I am satisfied with the structure of my tables I don’t want to split my app meaning I have more than the 5 views visible on the bottom menu. However I want my to have access to Settings so they can set some defaults, and I want them to be able to add a shortcut. My account is a Premium Plan. How do I hide the App Gallery from them without doubling the monthly fee?

@Griff
The App Gallery is visible to the users who have an AppSheet account and the App Gallery shown is the user’s own App Gallery not the app owner’s App Gallery.

I still feel that Appsheet should give us the option of hiding the Gallery. It causes problems when users go in there and get confused. My hunch is thats its only there to advertise Appsheet to potential new devs. App users can clearly see its Appsheet, without the gallery and if they wanted to see more a link to Appsheet.com would be more appropriate.

@1minManager ditto!

Perfect! Thanks

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space