Is there a way I can pass values from a table...

Is there a way I can pass values from a table view to a form using the bulk actions?

This is my scenario: I have a list of entries in a table view each of them has an id. I have created an action with the effect to link to another view in the app, and in the target field Iโ€™d like to pass the ids of all the entries that were selected from the table.

This works fine when the action is in the details view, however, the action does not appear as a bulk action. My question is, is there a way to have this action appear as a bulk action? Or is there an alternative method to achieve what Im trying to do?

0 3 340
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m having a little trouble fully understanding what you want to do but I think it should be possible.

I donโ€™t think that your actions would appear as a bulk action (โ€œGrouped: execute a sequence of actionsโ€).

Rather, you

write the actions you need and the use the bulk action (that is, the โ€œGroupedโ€ action) to execute.

Apologies if I have misunderstood.

Unfortunately, I dont think you have answered my question. Let me try and expound. I have a list of records in a table, I have created an action that links to a form and sends the selected IDs from the table to that form, but the action does not appear as a bulk action on the table, it only appears for individual records in the details view. Hope this was clear

Thanks for the clarification.

I think this one may be beyond me.

I hope someone with more knowledge can answer.

Top Labels in this Space