Is there a way to change a dropdown setting f...

Is there a way to change a dropdown setting for multiple items at once?

I understand the Batch Action feature, which can use an action, but what I’d love to do if offer the user the ability to change the STATUS for multiple items.

I realize this could be accomplished by adding a “button”, but the user needs to choose from multiple options to be applied to multiple items.

In the multiple items selected below, I want the user to be able to select a new status for each of these items in this batch.

Thanks for any insight!

0 4 325
4 REPLIES 4

To do that, you would need to create few different actions. When the user has first selected rows, he/she needs to select which action to trigger.

Alternatively to @Aleksi_Alkio’s suggestion, you could create a form that allows the user to choose the affected rows and the desired action, then apply the action to the selected rows.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. The problem we are coming across with the multiple action method is that we’d have simply too many actions, with a specific one for each different option.

I

also wonder if we even had, say 13 options, if it would even fit in the interface.

+Steve Coile that’s an idea I hadn’t realized was possible. I’m not sure I know how you mean, but I’ll try to look into how that would work with a form.

Thank you again for your answers and input in my question.

Just guessing the next… If your actions are depending on the record itself, you could hide most of the actions and then show just few of them. I

don’t know your case but that could be one option too.

Top Labels in this Space