Is there a way to conditionally show/hide tab...

Is there a way to conditionally show/hide table grouping?

0 11 967
11 REPLIES 11

@Grant_Stead I believe it could be possible if you set your grouping condition to a VC and set its false value to CONCATENATE (""). Havenโ€™t tried something like this though but it sounds logical

I just tried some physical columns, and when they were set to show_if false, they are still in the grouping, and you have to drill down through them, even though they are show_if falseโ€ฆ Also, I always turn OFF the show_if universalโ€ฆ

@Levent_KULACOGLU This is the most logical way to handle it, and really not that much trouble as you can set up the ungrouped UX, copy it and add the groupingโ€ฆ

Handle the option as a USERSETTING()?

@Grant_Stead I believe rather than show it or not, itโ€™s related with its value. Therefore I suggested an empty value CONCATENATE expression. As I said havenโ€™t tried it.

@Levent_KULACOGLU what do you mean by โ€œfalse valueโ€

@Grant_Stead letโ€™s say you have a physical column with YES and NO values and you want to group your UX as per this column if and only if both values exists in the column. If you set a VC with an expression like this for ex:

=IF(AND(CONTAINS([PysicalColumnName],โ€œYESโ€,CONTAINS([PysicalColumnName],โ€œNOโ€),[PysicalColumnName],CONCATENATE(""))

I believe it might work. It might also group them with an empty header. As I said I havenโ€™t tried something like this before, but it sounds logical to me. At least it worths trying

Yeah, itโ€™s just going to show a black headerโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead have you tried it bud?

@Grant_Stead another idea could be arranging 2 UXs with grouped as per your column and ungrouped. Then you may set a SHOW_IF expression similar to I have given to each of the UX views. Too much job I know, but itโ€™s a workaround.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Iโ€™ll report back when I get back to my rigโ€ฆ I like calling it a rigโ€ฆ Itโ€™s mostly just a 13.3" Chromebook lol

Top Labels in this Space