Is there a way to enter a Time column without...

Is there a way to enter a Time column without the AM/PM?

I need only the HH:MM:SS for timing purposes, no AM/PM necessary.

Need super fast data entry. TYVM!

0 7 607
7 REPLIES 7

tony1

@Stephen_Mattison Not right now. One workaround would be to break your time up into three number fields (hour, minute, second) and then combine them into a time using an app formula.

@Stephen_Mattison You need to change the country so you could have different time format

@tony

Thanks! I have it set up like that now, with three Enum columns as Buttons for [HH], [MM], [SS] and CONCATENATE into [Time] column.

I added an Editable_If of =ISBLANK() on HH, MM, SS columns to speed up data entry and keep user from bumping the wrong number Button as they scroll down.

it goes pretty fast, but thereโ€™s lots of scrolling to choose [MM] & [SS].

An HH:MM:SS column option without AM/PM would be great for many timing Apps, would eliminate three columns, it would be much better UI and probably even faster data entry, and I wouldnโ€™t need the ISBLANK Show_if, so it would be easier to make corrections before clicking Save.

TYTY!

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™ll look into changing country, thank you!

@tony Oops! Originally in my Comment/response to you above I said that I added a Show_if, but I meant Editable_if, sorry for the confusion, I corrected my comment.

Firstโ€ฆ where do you need seconds? Another question isโ€ฆ could it be better to use 4 columns from 0โ€ฆ9. Now you have minutes and you need numbers from 00โ€ฆ60. Then you could use buttons and probably no need for Show_If.

Andโ€ฆ Can you use initial value or do they need to fill everything manually?

Top Labels in this Space