Is there a way to force a field to use all ca...

Is there a way to force a field to use all capital letters while typing them in?

0 3 608
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Ryan_Malham, I believe such a validation is currently unavailable.

However ,you may wish to take a look at a similar post mentioned below for possible workaround approaches suggested by senior community colleagues.

plus.google.com - Hi, thereยดs a way to restrinct the use to only capital letters in my app? Tโ€ฆ Hi, thereยดs a way to restrinct the use to only capital letters in my app? Tโ€ฆ plus.google.com

As @Suvrutt_Gurjar mention about the method in that older post, you can do that easily with the Event action nowadays. Create an action (set a value of a column) with an expression UPPER([ColumnName]). If you choose this action as an โ€œEvent actionโ€ from your form view, it will read the existing value and convert that with capital letters after you have saved the record.

I have been using an action to capitalize some entries, as advised by Aleksi and found in the discussion below. This always works in my Publisher PRO plan apps. But it often creates duplicate entries in my Premium plan app. The duplicates are most often not consecutive in the database. No workflow is being used. Are actions that set values of some columns in a row no longer available in Premium plans? There are no warnings shown in the config interface to this effect. This issue has set me back and required that I cleanse a large database of duplicate entries.

Thanks
Bob

Continuing the discussion from Is there a way to force a field to use all caโ€ฆ:

Top Labels in this Space