Is there a way to force user to take photo instead of uploading?

Because sometimes a photo may be used to prove something and you do not want the user to take several photos a single time with his camera and then upload those photos inside AppSheet other times.

If not possible, is there any way to be sure the uploaded photo was taken (not uploaded) in a specific date/time?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,300
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you set the UX > Options > Allow image input from gallery as OFF, your user is not able to add the image from the gallery.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you set the UX > Options > Allow image input from gallery as OFF, your user is not able to add the image from the gallery.

Hi Aleksi,

I just tried your solution. It seems like the setting affects the behavior in the Appsheet container app but not the browser version. As soon as I open my app on my smartphone in the browser, I can still choose a file instead of being forced to take a new photo even though I disabled "Allow image input from gallery". 

Any idea how to solve this?

Maybe, if the user has android, make a copy of the app (so they don't know the link), set same sharing options, make an APK of the app and sideload it to their phones. Remove their appsheet app. 

Hi Ratatosk,

thanks for your answer. But unfortunately this does not help me with my problem. 

In the meantime I found out that Appsheet creates a "HTML input element" for an image column in a form view.

There is a HTML attribute called "capture" which would be needed to force the browser to open the camera. 

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Attributes/capture 

I just investigated the HTML code of my Appsheet app in my browser. The capture attribute is missing.Screenshot of the HTML input element of my Appsheet appScreenshot of the HTML input element of my Appsheet app

Is there any other setting in the Appsheet editor to achieve this?

If you don't trust them at all then generate and store a random code in the app each day. Make them write the code down on a piece of paper, and take the photo with the code visible. 

Top Labels in this Space