Is there a way to format a Column in a table ...

Is there a way to format a Column in a table to always show in descending vs ascending order? This particular column is referenced often, I would like to avoid having to scroll through 200+ rows to get to the most recent.

TIA!

0 4 366
4 REPLIES 4

@Kristen_Davis, IBCLC

You can use Sort by property of the Table View and assign on as per which ColumnName to sort and the sorting order

Thank you for your reply, @Levent_KULACOGLU. I have the UX sorted in descending order. (I think that is what you are suggesting above? I am very much a novice here, forgive my lack of terminology).

I have multiple forms that ref a parent table, when selecting what row to pull in, the values of the column are in ascending vs descending order. Hope that clarifiesโ€ฆ

@Kristen_Davis, IBCLC

I believe you want to order a ref dropdown content. You can do it with specifying a Valid_if expression in your Ref Column:

ORDERBY(SELECT(TableName[KeyColumnName],Yes/No_Condition),TRUE, [SortColumnName])

The value TRUE will sort in descending (high-to-low/9-0/Z-A) order, whereas FALSE will sort in ascending (low-to-high/0-9/A-Z) order.

You can check below page where examples will explain I believe: help.appsheet.com - ORDERBY() ORDERBY() help.appsheet.com

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space