Is there a way to immediately take a user to ...

Is there a way to immediately take a user to a certain link, after filling a form?

I already have an expression to go to the link, but right now my users have to go trough this workflow every time:

1: Fill out the form 2: Press Sync to eliminate [Sync to compute] in all fields 3: Wait around 10-15 seconds for the app to sync 4: Press the button to follow the custom link (to a web-form where most fields are auto-filled from the URL)

Waiting for the app to sync is the main thing I want to avoid, but as my previous posts in the forum to eliminate the [sync to compute] turned out without solutions, I thought of this plan-B-solutionโ€ฆ

0 9 433
9 REPLIES 9

You have the option โ€œEvent actionโ€ to choose the correct action when saving the form. You can find it from the form view (bottom of it).

@Aleksi_Alkio I canโ€™t seem to get that to work with โ€œgo to a websiteโ€ type actions thoughโ€ฆ

The problem/error message is?

There is no error message, but when I set the โ€œEvent Actionsโ€ -> โ€œActions to take when events occurโ€ -> โ€œForm Savedโ€ To be the action of going to the website (which I know works as a button from the details view), it just doesnโ€™tโ€ฆ I suspect it is caused by my delayed sync, so the โ€œForm savedโ€-trigger doesnโ€™t occur until the app syncs, and at that point itโ€™s too late?

I tried with the delayed sync and it opened the website.

@Aleksi_Alkio Yeah, but my action to take the user to the URL generates the URL automatically, based on an Appsheet function concatenating some different plain text with some fields filled by Google Sheets functions to generate a custom URL to a webform, that will then be partially pre-filled. I have no control over the Web-form, and given the choice I would eliminate it completely, but it is a requirement from the company we subcontract for.

So I think that perhaps that function is inactive as long as there are [sync to compute] values.

Soโ€ฆ are you saying that you need the data for your URL action from the sheet and you canโ€™t create that from the record itself?

@Aleksi_Alkio Well, yes, but as discussed in another post the data generated by the Google Sheets formulas is static, and does not change. What I was hoping with this way was to โ€œcatchโ€ the data BEFORE the edit, and so bypass the [sync to compute] error.

Top Labels in this Space