Is there a way to limit a Salesforce Data Source with SOQL?

Is there a way to have a data source from Salesforce that would be defined by a SOQL select statement?
This would enable fields from other objects and would filter the amount of data you are trying to fetchโ€ฆ

1 4 141
4 REPLIES 4

Not directly, no.

Are you familiar with Security Filters?

For Tables backed by SQL database, Security Filters are actually translated into SQL queries.

I imagine a similar thing might happen for Security Filters on a Salesforce Table, but I doubt anyone except an Appsheet Engineer could answer that 100%.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

thanks for the replies -
I donโ€™t think security filters would come into play here.
I am faced with two challenges when trying to have appsheet work directly with Salesforce data

• The records in the actual objectโ€™s table are way too many (ie. Open Opportunities in the US only represents about 2% of the opportunity records in our SF environment )
  • It would be helpful to pull in child record fields without pulling in the child table (ie for opportunities, i would want to pull in account.phone) instead of having to pull in the entire account table as well as the opp table

my situation just needs read-only to this data. so right now i just have a stand alone sync app syncing my soql to a sheet that is then used my appsheet

So you just want to limit the records pulled from the Table? Thatโ€™s the exact purpose of Security Filters.

Appsheet doesnโ€™t have that sort of functionality. Perhaps Salesforce itself can create something akin to a SQL โ€œviewโ€ ? (I donโ€™t know anything about Salesforce)

Top Labels in this Space