Is there a way to manipulate/affect multiple ...

Is there a way to manipulate/affect multiple rows when entering in data into a spreadsheet?

I’m trying to create a form that 1. captures a repair order and 2. gives the user the ability to choose every operation that corresponds to that repair order. Each of the operations would then be listed below the repair order in individual rows in its respective column. The forms that i’ve seen on app sheet only affect a single row in excel.

0 6 645
6 REPLIES 6

@Edgar_Butron you cannot do it like this. You have to separate this to Repair Oder table and Operation table. Than you have to construct a REF in a way that Operation table will be a child table/related records table. In the Detail UX for each row in Repair Order table, you can see all the Operation records in an inline view.

Additionally, when you create a Repair Order record, you can create as many as Operation records on the fly.

@Edgar_Butron after all set, your tables should look like this:

Would the multiple Operation input still result and show in the Repair Order Table? Meaning, would the result still have separate rows for each operation input?

@Edgar_Butron you cannot show them in the same table. There is a reference between them so you have to split it into 2 tables as I have explained. You can see all the related Operation records associated with a particular Repair Order record in the Detail UX but you cannot see them in the same table. Besides, there is no meaning to see them in the same table. Your Detail UX for any Repair Order record will look like this in the app.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you

@Edgar_Butron you’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space