Is there a way to not sort a group?

I’ve found myself in this situation multiple times where I am trying to provide additional data in the grouped field but end up not being able to display it as desired because I am forced to sort my grouping.

Here is an example where the order list shows orders grouped by ship date, one of the users requested the day name and week number be displayed with the grouping, it’s easily accomplished by concatenating a few iterations of the field but unfortunately that turns the field from sorting by date to sorting by text which doesn’t work when you already have orders scheduled for the following year.

If I had the option to set the sort order on the group to “not sorted” that would solve my issue as it would not override the actual sort parameters and it would sort by ship date instead of by the grouped text field.

Is there any workaround?

Solved Solved
0 3 396
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If you format the date as YYYY/MM/DD (then concatenate whatever you want), it will sort as if by date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I’m afraid there is no way to “not sort” the group at this moment.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If you format the date as YYYY/MM/DD (then concatenate whatever you want), it will sort as if by date.

Not ideal but it works, thanks for your reply.

Top Labels in this Space