Is there a way to obtain the 'previous value'...

Is there a way to obtain the ‘previous value’ when working with Work Flow rules?

0 8 522
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for your help! What I mean is: If a value changes that triggers a workflow rule, is there a way to find out what the previous value was (before the workflow rule was triggered)?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you!!

Hi @Jesse_Prud_Homme, could you please mention,what are you looking for when you mention “obtain” previous value.

If you are looking to trigger workflows based on the update of a column value in a row,then you may wish to take a look at the section,“Sending Email When a Row is Updated to Have a Specific Column Value” in the following article

help.appsheet.com - Workflow Workflow help.appsheet.com

Hi @Jesse_Prud_Homme,If you wish to capture the status of a field that triggered the workflow in say email that is sent on workflow trigger,

yes you can do that .

For example if you have set change in

[Status] column as trigger for the workflow, then you can write following expressions in the workflow email body or attachment template-

Status

Before: <<[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Status] >>

Status After: <<[_THISROW_AFTER].[Status]>>

Is there a way to do this for all fields? Have the body default with a [_THISROW_BEFORE] before the AFTER fields?
What I would like is to have a workflow Action Email the changes to a table with both the BEFORE and AFTER included, but without having to write each column, dynamically updated.

Can you elaborate?

I have this

3X_a_3_a33c8882e4b99133833c587dd244a511b62cf9e2.png 3X_0_6_06fa4bf91d34a7589ce362fad5c95fa862ca4523.png

Which results in this

I’m not aware of what is changed (replace Add with Update).
I could adjust the Email Body to report on the BEFORE and AFTER values:

Column: AFTER{BEFORE}

or some formatting, having:

Column: BEFORE
Columns:

Column: AFTER
Columns:

Would also work but I want this as a one-button solution, click to include all changed values.

@Kyle_Grieb
There are some built-in variables that you can refer to in your email body or email template:

Top Labels in this Space