Is there a way to set individual default view...

Is there a way to set individual default views?

My app is being accessed by several different groups of people, lets just say 5 groups. I’ve made 5 dashboards each tailored to each groups specific needs. I have Show_If formula’s set to show the views only if the users email is part of Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, etc… Right now the app has the default view set to the Group 1 Dashboard. Everyone that is part of group 1 can see the group 1 dashboard, as they should.

Problem is, when someone from Group 2 opens the app, it’s just a blank screen with no view chosen. Any way to make it to where each group can see their own unique dashboard?

0 9 1,408
9 REPLIES 9

Do you want to create a functionality where people who belongs to group 1, should not see group 2’s data at all?

Yes pretty much. No need for Group 1 to see Group 2 stuff, and so on.

I’d suggest you start with the About page. This only shows for very first time use anyway. On all subsequent starts for that user, the last view location is remembered and the app opens there.

How can I set that App opens Always on Map view and not the last View?

Setting the starting view in UX >> Options will set the view the user sees when starting the app. There’s no way to control what view the user sees when bringing the app back to the foreground.

Steve Thanks

Or… if you want to show somekind of hello view, it’s an option as well. Praveen, could it possible to arrange an option where we could set the starting view dynamically with a formula?

We should do this, but haven’t done it yet

Thanks the the help fella’s! @praveen your solution will work just fine for me. Thanks for your input!

Top Labels in this Space