Is there a way to store the "Get Table File Url" in a column?

Hello, I’ve gone through several posts regarding accessing work-flow generated PDFs.
With the help of related posts, I was able to access (& download/print/share) the getablefileurl with the concerned person(s).
By turning off - “Require Image and File URL Signing”, I would just concatenate the URL with a serial number.

CONCATENATE(ENCODEURL(https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=xxxx&tableName=xxxx&fileName=xxxx") , [Serial_Number] , “.pdf”)

However, this means there’s a chance someone changes the Serial Number and accesses other invoices.
So, it makes sense to turn it on for security purposes.
When the “Require Image and File URL Signing” is turned on, we can’t access it without “&appVersion=xxxx&signature=xxxx”

How can I go about obtaining the App Version and Signature?
Thanks!

0 7 847
7 REPLIES 7

There is no way AFAIK.
@Steve Any idea?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible.

Hi! I found this because I became interested in the “signature” in the following URL:

https://www.appsheet.com/fsimage.png?appid=38710ffa-ae1c-4939-b208-f43540e63eed&datasource=google&filename=DocId%3D1nwpP4dJ8_KHLj_BTLGx-1ggcUEzU4j70&signature=60799b04fc4509382c9b0727afef92423622d7fced5b2fb4e4e4d8306cb5c097&tableprovider=google&userid=2078346

The signature here seems to be

60799b04fc4509382c9b0727afef92423622d7fced5b2fb4e4e4d8306cb5c097

Is it the case that the “signature” here is for the specific file but that we cannot learn what it is, even for one of our own images? Or, does “signature” in the above URL mean something different?

The signature is a security feature designed specifically to hide the public URL of the image and to be virtually impossible to guess. In fact, I believe the signature for any given file changes over time, so that a given signature will expire and become unusable.

See also:

Thanks! Very interesting. I’ll try to study up on this. Perhaps that means that these image links to logos in AppSheet templates (that’s where I got the link), won’t copy properly in the future.

By the way, here’s another post of mine about this issue:

Alright then, is there any way to (somehow) secure it a bit?
Currently, I use a workflow automation Integromat that automatically shortens the URL using Bit.ly.
This at least hides the URL when I passed it on to the concerned party.
Maybe I can give it a try with UNIQUEID().
Thank you for clarifying @Steve.

Do not use serial numbers.
Prefer UNIQUEID() for ALL of the Key values on your tables

Top Labels in this Space