Is there a way to use an image in Appsheets and overlay buttons?

Tiger1
Participant V

Is there a way to use an image in Appsheets and overlay buttons?

Solved Solved
0 21 1,776
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not to my knowledge.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Steve
Participant V

Nope.

Tiger1
Participant V

Ok. Was just wondering. Do you know if this is maybe going to be a feature to come?

Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t have any insight there,

okโ€ฆ

Austin
Participant V

Custom button icon would be really nice. Especially since the list of icons seems to lack some expected icons and has some very odd buttons ie. Unicorn, Star Wars logos, and a middle finger(I am desperately searching a situation in which I can use these icons so I wouldnโ€™t trade them for others).

I am actually wanting to know if i can put images (my own ) in my app and overlay buttons or data. Soโ€ฆ Basically more of a customizing/ branding the app moreโ€ฆ A good example is weather. When you build weather displays - you have images (PNG or JPEG) then you just overlay the data. So the data can change but the images do not:

2X_e_e71da983a1b3cf54130c92dd55f4c032a2e6c9a7.png

This is an entirely different question than you asked above. The answer to this question is: somewhat.

Sorry - again i worded my question wrong. How can i do this?

Thank You Steve. I didnโ€™t realize this. thank you very muchโ€ฆ

Ask the right question, get the right answer.

Yeah. Again, thanks

Steve,
Is there a way to make this black border - be clear?

I know i can change the prominence as well (but i want the buttons lined up like the picture above):

Not to my knowledge.

ok. Thanks. I am just seeing how to customize my apps more. Thanks for the helpโ€ฆ

Simply change your background image to match your brand color!:

I can work with thisโ€ฆ

I know there are buttons at the button (that go to views) but i still want to see about more customized look.

@Tiger Please consider this Post:

Here is the direct Link:

Austin
Participant V

whoops

If you only want to display in app data over images you can try SVG, itโ€™s not the same full image but it does allow something similar.

So there is a way to insert my own image per - view - AND overlay data?

Austin
Participant V

Image may not be the best way to describe SVGs. They are pretty limited in complexity and usability. They are more like simple graphics than full images. Here are some visual examples of SVGs from DIM (Dynamic Indicator Maker) SVG Images

Top Labels in this Space