Is there any way that you can have an enum fi...

Is there any way that you can have an enum field default to a value?

For example, if I have an enum list of items, is it possible for the first value on the list to appear by default, but then also give the user the option of changing it if they want?

Thanks!

1 9 1,885
9 REPLIES 9

You have many ways to do itโ€ฆ letโ€™s take this one as an example. If you use Valid_if with the formula SELECT(Cars[MODEL],[MAKE]=โ€œToyotaโ€) you can find the first value from your table with ANY(SELECT(Cars[MODEL],[MAKE]=โ€œToyotaโ€)).

Also can add the value you want to appear

into the Initial Value of that column.

@Aleksi_Alkio @Stephen_Mattison Ok guys, thank you for your help.

Is there a way I can use a reference in the Initial Value field?

I tried typing the expression below into the Initial Value Field, but all it does is show the words โ€œDesign Numbers for 2018โ€ in the field when I open the form.

What I want it to do is reference that table to find the tray size.

Thoughts?

=โ€˜Design Numbers for 2018โ€™[Plant].[Tray Size]

Ahh!

I got it!

Nm, thank you thank you.

Didnโ€™t realize that I didnโ€™t need to specify the table of the column for appโ€“sheet, apparently itโ€™s smarter than I thought.

Thatโ€™s pretty darn cool.

Used this:

=[Plant Name (1)].[Tray Size]

Almost too easy!

You donโ€™t need to use the table name itself because you have that relationship already.

MARSLI

only solution is : use Valid_if with the formula :
sheet[column]

and use initial value with formula :
Any(sheet[column])

Ok Iโ€™m stuck and having a hard time understanding the answers on here (new to appsheet).

You can see in my screenshot, which two things are connected.

I am trying to set the default value to โ€œ3โ€.

So when someone first opens the app, the โ€œ3โ€ is already selected/highlighted, but the user can select โ€œ4โ€ if they wanted too. Can anyone help me with this? Iโ€™m not sure4 how to use the โ€œinitial valueโ€ or expressions in the edit column part.

If you input: 1,2,3,4,5,6,โ€ฆ then set โ€œBase typeโ€ to โ€œNumberโ€

Set the โ€œInitial valueโ€ to โ€œ3โ€

Top Labels in this Space