Is there any way to emulate a table-like form...

Is there any way to emulate a table-like form, where users could update values in a column and tab from one row to the next to fill the next value? For some of my users the appsheet workflow is actually making thins more complex, as they have to cycle from one record to another using a form workflow which introduces many more clicks than simply tabbing through.

0 8 365
8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately that kind of form view is not possible with Appsheet.

Thanks Aleksi. Then a follow up question would be: are there any examples on how to do a repetitive task across several rows in the least amount of clicks? The use case is: a superviser needs to enter the finishing time of each member of a 30 people team. Right now the best I can do is: Show a list of names in a table view > click on a name > click on a form field to enter the finishing time > save the form > repeat

x 30. Is there any better approach?

Create an action but and name it like โ€œFinish timeโ€. Set this action button to write the value TIMENOW(). When you need to add that time, open the table view, select all records where do you want to add that time and run that action. It will save that time value to all of them

Thanks again Aleksi!. However the use case is that this superviser is inputing a list of times after the fact. He is entering something like: Person A: 5.15 Person B: 5:30 Person C: 5:00 etcโ€ฆ so these cannot be tied to a batch action using TIMENOW().

It woud be so great if he could simply fill each cell by tabbing through a list. But as you say, this feature does not exist (yet?).

Okayโ€ฆ one workaround is adding a editable column in detail view. Then he would not need to open any record. Just an idea

Wow. I did not know about this? Is there an example app?

Add a detail view with the position REF and you can choose the editable fields from there. Itโ€™s not complicated than that.

Top Labels in this Space