Is there any way to set up a "Trigger" on an ...

Is there any way to set up a “Trigger” on an app?

I.E. a condition is met on either the same table or different table but not in the same row or view and it automatically updates another data cell that has the “Trigger” formula.

0 7 338
7 REPLIES 7

What kind of trigger are you thinking? What it should trigger?

I have 3 apps that all communicate with one another, what I would like is for if a certain condition is met it’ll change the status of other tables.

I.e. I have 4 apps that all communicate with one another:

1.) An equipment inventory app 2.) A service app - to keep track of any outstanding repairs requested on the equipment as well as historical repair info 3.) A delivery app to keep track of outstanding delivery requests 4.) A client app that can:

A.) see any equipment marked available on our inventory app as well as request that equipment And

B.) submit repair orders on equipment assigned to them

The triggers that I want is for if there is ever any outstanding repair orders or request orders my inventory app automatically updates the status away from available so that clients can’t request a piece that needs repair or two clients can’t request the same item.

I can think of several instances where a “Trigger” would be very useful.

I believe the easiest solution could be the new API feature. Another solution is the data change workflow which can do that inside of the app.

Yeah I’m currently working on Grouped actions and just have all things flow through those which can be tweaked to do the same thing… but I can think of a couple instances where this method might have something fall through the cracks.

What is the new API feature?

https://blog.appsheet.com/feature-friday-app-integrations-and-zapier-app blog.appsheet.com - Feature Friday: Integrate AppSheet Apps with Virtually Any Service! Feature Friday: Integrate AppSheet Apps with Virtually Any Service! blog.appsheet.com

So I’ve realized that I can’t do it by actions because if they cancel their request then the action still occurs resulting incorrect information

Top Labels in this Space