Is there any way to use a calculated column a...

Is there any way to use a calculated column as a label field for an inline view?

For example, I have separate address fields for street, city, state, & zip.

I have a calculated column that concatenates them into a full address.

However, I donโ€™t seem to be able to use that full address field as a label in an inline view.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 5 359
5 REPLIES 5

Could you clarify what you mean by label field? Have you tried Display Name property?

The fields used in an inline view are controlled by a view definition (UX > Views) in the ref position. So, if your inline view is a table, create a table view in the ref position for the (data) table itโ€™s presenting. From that view definition, you can choose the columns to include in each row of the (display) table.

Thanks for your help.

I am aware of the need to create a view definition under REF VIEWS.

I was just modifying the Addresses_Inline view that got created by default when I created the relationship.

However, as soon as I select the calculated field I want to show in the โ€œColumn orderโ€ field of the ref view definition, it shows up as blank in the actual app.

In other words, it appears to allow me to do so, but the data never shows up in the app.

Itโ€™s just blank for each record.

Is the column marked as HIDDEN, and/or does it have a Show_If formula that might hide it?

The column is neither hidden, nor does it have a Show_If formula.

Itโ€™s a simple calculated column with no additional column modifications.

Top Labels in this Space