Is there anyway to show a table where the las...

Is there anyway to show a table where the last line of the table has cells that are a sum of the values above?

I know that AppSheet treats a table like a proper database, where each row is a new entry that should follow the same parameters as all other rows in that table.

But maybe there is a work around? Like a virtual row instead of a virtual column, this virtual row being in bold or something and calculating based on above rows?

0 16 414
16 REPLIES 16

@Aleksi_Alkio of course itโ€™s doableโ€ฆ But why, oh why, would anyone want to do that over following good designโ€ฆ Cause it basically makes you have to fight appsheet from here on outโ€ฆ Now select functions have to have exclusions, group totals breakโ€ฆ I mean ugh Everytime poor Rogerio

posts in the form about something not working itโ€™s going to be because of this โ€œfalseโ€ recordโ€ฆ

Nope, what it really comes down to is your actually have a higher order of data table that you need to includeโ€ฆ

i.e. if youโ€™re talking all of the companies equipment on that table, imagine if you had 10 companiesโ€ฆ

Your would have a table of companies, then all of their related equipment in your current tableโ€ฆ So all you need is a parent tableโ€ฆ Thatโ€™s where that single summation line would resideโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead but how to show the sums together with the values? Letโ€™s say I have a list of Invoices for a single client. I want to know the total value of those invoices, as well as the summed liquid value of those invoices (minus taxes) and the sum of the clientโ€™s already made paymentsโ€ฆ

Email address?

App sharedโ€ฆ take a copy and examine it.

Anyway, my two cents when it comes to appsheet is that anytime you fight the natural structure that appsheet itโ€™s banking on you having, then it creates 10x more work down the roadโ€ฆ But I agree, I would be remiss to exclude that you CAN do pretty quick whatever you want Iโ€™m appsheetโ€ฆ

Wellโ€ฆ sometimes customer can request something different and if you donโ€™t want to loose, you need to find a wayโ€ฆ even if itโ€™s something different. I always try to do in a โ€œrightโ€ way, but sometimes itโ€™s not possible.

@Rogerio_Penna Well, I would be looking in the app at the Client, and see the totals, and also see the value of each invoice as an inline table viewโ€ฆ In a workflow report, I could see the total summary, and then also a list of each invoiceโ€ฆ

I got lost here โ€œI would be looking in the app at the Client, and see the totals, and also see the value of each invoice as an inline table viewโ€

See the totals? Where? Having a column for the sum of the values?

I would be looking at the detail view of the client, which has columns that sum the totalsโ€ฆ Then in the detail view you would also see the inline refrows of that clients associated invoices, at which point you could click into and see further detailsโ€ฆ

What your talking about is a very classic relationship and space handles it pretty wellโ€ฆ

@Aleksi_Alkio How you did that Aleksi? Translate

Workaround #462

@Aleksi_Alkio Teach me, master! Translate

Top Labels in this Space