Is there anyway to use the TimeNow() feature ...

Is there anyway to use the TimeNow() feature more than once in a view and have it populate different times based upon when they clock in or clock out? The TimeNow() feature utilizes only the time the view was opened in every entry. Anyone know a work around? Thanks!

0 8 374
8 REPLIES 8

You can create actions to set the value of clock-in/clock-out columns to TIMENOW().

If you havenโ€™t explored actions before, check out this article: https://intercom.help/appsheet/behavior/actions/actions-the-essentials

@RezaRaoofi Thanks! However, can this be done in form view? I want the action buttons to be embedded in the form view.

No, action buttons are not visible on form view.

Have you thought about to use related table for that purpose?

@Elisha_Murphy, if the goal is to clock in/clock out, why would you do this within the same form view? You might want to look at the CheckinCheckOut sample appsheet.com - Move in and Move out Checklโ€ฆ - Allows a property manager to input and organize move-in and move-out checklists. Move in and Move out Checklโ€ฆ - Allows a property manager to input and organize move-in and move-out checklists. appsheet.com

I have a work order technician form. I want to track the amount of time they spend per item. When they start working on a new item, I want them to click a start time. Then, they will update all the information needed for the item and click an โ€œend timeโ€ when they complete the form. I donโ€™t want them to have to leave the form. Right now, I have them manually enter the end time. But, was hoping to do this automatically.

Additionally, they are the ones creating a new work order on the form view so there is no pre-started form that action items could be placed on.

How about reading the DateTime value when user fills the last field? You could read it like IFS(ISNOTBLANK([LastColumn]),TIMENOW())

a ChangeTimestamp column may be the best way to do this. If there is a last question they all have to answer, then set up a ChangeTimestamp column to listen for a change to that last question. See help.appsheet.com - Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space