Is this a New Bug?

Hey Guys,

So ive always been given the oppertunity to change the view of referance views. With a slice and a seperate one without the slice.

Appsheet is not giving me the option to change all my Views. Only 2 of them.

1. ReOrder Receiving Form (Slice)
  2. ReOrder Vendors (Slice)

I should also have Something for

1. ReOrder Display Form
  2. ReOrder MAster Form
  3. ReOrder Film Form.

Solved Solved
0 11 522
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you just need to make a table view for each of those 3 slices. That will act as your inline view.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

It sounds that you have more than just one Ref view and thatโ€™s why it doesnโ€™t change it as you were hoping. Is that the case in here?

Yes this is the Case,

Currently these 3 views (inline) are being displays as gallery, I need them to be show as table.

1. ReOrder Display Form
  2. ReOrder Master Form
  3. ReOrder Film Form.

I can make this work by not using the slice, but than the form is not in the correct order.

I use the 3 inline view here,
REF_ROWS(โ€œReOrder Display Formโ€, โ€œRecieving Formsโ€)
REF_ROWS(โ€œReOrder Film Formโ€, โ€œRecieving Formsโ€)
REF_ROWS(โ€œReOrder Master Formโ€, โ€œRecieving Formsโ€)

When I change the data to just normal without a slice, I can change back to Table Type,
REF_ROWS(โ€œForm Items Displaysโ€, โ€œRecieving Formsโ€) -->> Form not in correct order.

This is my inline view with the slice (No option to change view at all)

This is without the slice but the form is not in the correct order and contains many virtual columns so its not like I can re arrange my spreadsheet layout.
2X_9_9c37fa2c4ff8337fff3451a8512e6d2ef80c0205.png.

Edit

Pretty sure there is somthing buggy going on as I just tried somthing out. I created a new view with the (ReOrder Display Form slice). Than I deleted it. What happened is this:

I now has this available as well in the ref views just no inline view option to change although it is being used as an inline view.

Any Ideas anyone? The faster I know this is a bug the faster that appsheet can fix it as i need this capability. @morgan

@Aleksi

Can you see above in response to your questionโ€ฆ?

I think you just need to make a table view for each of those 3 slices. That will act as your inline view.

Holy Thanks. Starting to wonder why where paying $100 per month for this and its not even coming from the team, tried premium help, private message, everything, Thanks a lot, to bad you can only get 1 like.

Bahbus

Weโ€™ll give him extra likes. I couldnโ€™t wrap my head around the issue in the first place.

Im not sure about how this works, but regardless im just happy my apps working,

Edit

Pretty sure there is somthing buggy going on as I just tried somthing out. I created a new view with the (ReOrder Display Form slice). Than I deleted it. What happened is this:

I now have this view available for this slice in the ref views, just no inline view option to change although it is being used as an inline view.

Inlineโ€™s donโ€™t always get system-generated. In which it usually falls back on the main view for that data. I believe you can create your own _Inline view that the system will pick when it sees it. Not 100% sure though.

Yea, so I just created a referenced table from from the slice, and its not labeled inline or anything but it is controlling the behavior of the component I was trying to change the view off.

Bahbus

Your view>System view regardless of names.

Top Labels in this Space