Is this Delivery Scheduling App idea possible?

Hello, I am curious if this idea is possible:

1. Customer places order with “delivery” tag on Shopify
  2. Custom app that runs every minute will add new orders with the “delivery” tag to a google spreadsheet with E-mail, Address, Name, Phone Number, Order ID, Item List, Payment Type and Payment Total.
  3. [In Question] AppSheet recognizes that there is a new row entry in the orders table and e-mails the customer to schedule a delivery time using a Google Form that submits the data to a Google Sheet.
  4. [In Question] AppSheet recognizes that there is a new row entry in the scheduled table and offers the order up for delivery drivers to grab it.
Solved Solved
0 5 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5

Yes. The only question is if AppSheet’s frequency suits your needs.

Mostly AppSheet is an action-based system meaning that user activity in the app drives processing

However, AppSheet does provide Scheduled automation functions. For example, in #3 and #4, you can setup a Process (or set of processes) that run on a pre-determined schedule, checks for the new rows and then applies the desired activity to each of the new rows found.

Beyond AppSheet, I subscribe to the idea that everything business is possible in software. But it is very difficult to find a single development platform that does everything. You frequently will need to combine several software tools together. Then it’s just a matter of finding the best tools at the right cost.

There is a Bot you can start that will be activate anytime a new row is started.

Thanks! Yes, that is a very recent addition and I do remember NOW reading about it. If you don’t use it you lose it!! But that’s why the rest of the Community is here…to keep us all well informed. @Marc_Dillon is one of the best!!

Thank you! I had expected this was the route but I didn’t know about the addon that needed to be installed and activated.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space