Issue with Filter and Export this view to a CSV (Download all table regardless of the filter)

hi, I have an App that controls merchandise and when is Exported. a client needs a specific report of a date.
To this, I made a new action using the option Export this view to a CSV.

so, I told my client, use the filter option in the search icon:

select Export Date: the Start Date and End Date with the specific day that he need
3X_a_8_a8d520d828b566ab3208797fef2d693a36ae0a34.png
click in Done and ready, the view filter only with the specific date:

but when a try to download the report CSV, the file contains all information the table since 2018, so the filter does not work.
I donโ€™t know if this is a bug or work the different way this filter does, for example, if the only search without using filter the date 08/27/2021 the table show entries with this date, and if download the CSV report this contains only this information. the problem with this is that if only search date 08/27/2021 show me all the data with this date no only the Export date but also the Arrival date.

I donโ€™t know if in behaviour I need change the expression true by other to consider the filter

thanks!

0 6 807
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe something like this would make magic in your case:

So have the action to export view in the slice that listen to the filter. You will get what I mean after you watched the whole video

thank you for the information. I saw the video but it only shows how to create a filter but since a few weeks, AppSheet has had the ability to create this filter from the search button. my problem is that when using this filter and I combine it an action how Export this view a CSV the download isnโ€™t only the data in the filter but download all information of the table, I suppose that is a bugโ€ฆ

I think that you need to have a better insight on how AppSheet works, that way you could have understanded what I meant by saying โ€œyou can do magic with itโ€.
The filters applied from search are just a way to quickly find a record or something like that, it doesnโ€™t help with slicing the data to export it later so itโ€™s not a bug. (Maybe in the future filtering/searching will be more useful)
So, your only option -afaik- to have the function that you are asking for is the Dynamic Dashboard explained in the video where the detail view apply changes to how a slice filters data. Then you can have a table view ponting to the slice and the action button will just export what is shown.

The filters applied from search are just a way to quickly find a record or something like that, it doesnโ€™t help with slicing the data to export it later so itโ€™s not a bug. (Maybe in the future filtering/searching will be more useful)

Well, they should. I think that they made a great job and many people we waiting for this for a long time so that only works with the views but cant use to download a report with the different criterion.

Actually I find the current filter/search stuff to be not so good IMHO.
If you need a solid way of filtering you have to make those by your own.
As I told you before, today filtering/searching is just a way to find a certain row/record quickly, not the power-user feature that you need. What I mean is that it also has other limitations like removing the column from the table view that you have used to filter/search and not all the columns show a dropdown to filter, just the ones that have list to choose in the first place, so no spreadsheet-like filtering.
I advice you to trust on a custom solution for this kind of thing if itโ€™s important to you instead of waiting for them to change it to fit your needs

Thank you for your comments. yes, I think that need check the video that you sent me it was just an Extra to the client, fortunately, donโ€™t a priority. I manage a day report system, I will take the information of these

Top Labels in this Space