Issue with Ref. being pulled from Parent table to child table

hi i have created 2 table namely

1. Attendance - Parent Table
  2. Work Log - Child Table

In the Parent Table i have made Date as Key and Unique ID as Label

In child table i have a column Attendance ID which is being referenced from the Parent table Unique ID

The issue is when in the Appsheet editor preview while testing it shows the child table pulling the attendance ID from the parent table to the child table, which is correct.
But while the data is transferred to the Google Sheet. the Child table shows the Date(Key) in Attendance ID, which is supposed to be the Unique ID of Parent Table.

Screenshots of issue as below,

Parent table entry as in preview
2X_5_5beda0c7f9ebac271da40014f6eeab19ca67a43a.jpeg

Child Table screenshot - Preview
2X_5_5f7765ab2bb4cc440667b415ef4bcd0320c12bab.jpeg

Child Table Data in Google Sheet after saving
2X_6_6fa214141c00610e4d1c8000969a91df0baf535b.jpeg

I have made Date as key in Parent Table so that there are no no rows with the same date

Please Help.

@Aleksi

Solved Solved
0 8 814
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using the date as a key in your parent table is fineโ€ฆ unless you have more users using the app at the same time. Then it can happen that two users are adding the same date value and then you can have duplicate records. Anywayโ€ฆ when using two different columns with the key and the label column, the key columnโ€™s value is always saved to your data source with the child record. The app will just show the label columnโ€™s value in the child record.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @DPM_reports
Have you checked these out

If you want the Unique ID in the child table it needs to be the Key in the parent table. Your date is in the ID column as it is the key from the parent table. The date shows in the parent table as it is the label.
What is in column A?

i tried another workaround where i made the date both key and labelโ€ฆ

Inspite of this in the app i see the ref. date being shown in the child tableโ€ฆbut the same info is not being posted in the Google sheetโ€ฆIt shows blank in the google sheetโ€ฆ

It doesnโ€™t appear to be on your child form. Sorry Its getting late here I may be getting confused.

I am facing the same issue with my child table.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your keys and references are all wrong. Please read and understand the article @Lynn posted.

I seem to be confusedโ€ฆI read the articleโ€ฆcan u Pls help me on this.

I donโ€™t mind changing my key in parent tableโ€ฆbut I donโ€™t want the date to be duplicated and have 2 entries with same date.

Using the date as a key in your parent table is fineโ€ฆ unless you have more users using the app at the same time. Then it can happen that two users are adding the same date value and then you can have duplicate records. Anywayโ€ฆ when using two different columns with the key and the label column, the key columnโ€™s value is always saved to your data source with the child record. The app will just show the label columnโ€™s value in the child record.

Hi,
Parent Table Data

PA Id # -> Key

Child table Data

The PA Id # is not shown in the Child Table.

Before, itโ€™s working fine. I changed the columns structure & regenerated & facing this issue
I also, changed the Security Filter to FALSE to support data as guided.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space