Issues with Pixelbooks & Chromebooks

sckaruna
Participant II

My co-workers who have Pixelbooks or Chromebooks are having issues navigating AppSheet applications. They don’t have an vertical or horizontal scrollbar when using applications? The only way around this right now is using the touchpad of the laptops to scroll across and up and down. Is this a known issue? If so, is this being fixed? In the meantime is there an alternate solution? Thank you.

0 7 166
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

I have a Pixelbook and I have both vertical and horizontal scrollbars. Are you using the native app, or the app in a browser?

Hi Steve. They are using the app in a browser (Chrome). I saw it for myself and there were no scrollbars. Whereas I am using a standard laptop (HP) and it is working fine for me.

I do notice on mine that the scrollbars are hidden until the mouse pointer nears the edge of the window. Have you tried that?

Thanks Steve. I reached out to one of the Pixelbook users and this what they see:

Yep, that’s what I get, too.

Also remember that scrolling on Chromebooks is accomplished with a 2 finger drag on the mouse pad.
I constantly remind users on Chromebooks who are trying to navigate their pointer to hit a tiny scrollbar so they can grab it and drag it not to do it that way but to 2 finger drag instead.

Thanks Scott.

Top Labels in this Space