Issues with records vanishing & data not syncing completly

Sitalia
Participant III

Hi

I have just faced the following issue which is of concern…

I entered 16 records through one view…it has been set up such that every time a record is saved, it triggers an action to add 18 rows in another table

When the sync completed, I noticed the following:

(1) Only 14 records were visible in the App though earlier I saw that the App was showing 16 records…so two records have vanished…the excel backend shows only 14 entries

(2) I should have 16 * 18 = 288 rows in the second table…however it is showing only 236 rows…so it has added 18 rows correctly for 13 records of the 1st table + only 2 rows for the 14th record…so it has missed 16 rows for the 13th record and added nothing for the 16th & 17th row of the 1st table (which are not visible in the Apps either though it was at one time showing)

Any clues to this ? Memory issues somewhere?

0 7 206
7 REPLIES 7

Sitalia
Participant III

Just to add I have noticed in the past also this happens if records are entered in quick succession. It initially shows as added in the App and then vanishes

Steve
Participant V

Perhaps you have a security filter that is withholding the rows?

Perhaps you have a bot that is deleting the rows?

Perhaps the newly-added rows have duplicate key column values?

Thanks Steve

No I am not using Security filters nor Bots…also all Keys are generated using UNIQUEID()

Any views on this? Should I refer this to the AppSheet support team.

Yeah, probably a good idea. I’ve got no other ideas. Please let us know what you discover!

Sitalia
Participant III

Thanks Steve…I will write to them…

I had the same problem. It turned out that I was going to infinite loop at some point so it was not syncing. So, please make sure that you have a termination condition under behavior for each set of actions or in the loop action ensure that no referenced rows are selected when condition is met. I hope this will help somebody.

Top Labels in this Space