I'v got an action showing inline on an inline...

I’v got an action showing inline on an inline table view. (This list is NOT created through a REF_ROWS, it is a simple FILTER VC.) On the actions show_if property. I would like show/hide the inline action based on the main record. How would I call to that?

1 3 608
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Harry2

@Grant_Stead Most probably you will need to locate the main record using SELECT and the main record’s key value. Once you have the main record, you can then check its value to determine if you want to show the action.

Grant, you want to implicitly be able to access the “outer” row in the nested presentation. So if it were a Ref relationship, this nesting is implicit via the data. However, in your case, since you define your own filter, it may not be obvious from the data (a particular row may be shown inline within more than one top-level row).

So then, you’ll have to depend somehow on UI context being made available to you (by the CONTEXT() function when we eventually provide this kind of information). Messy. Are you sure this cannot be a Ref?

@praveen yep. I’m pushing some boundaries. I’m creating a dynamic client defined audit system. So the client creates an “audit type” then they create “audit items”… Then their user can create an “audit entry”. The audit entry form is basic, notes, Isapartof images, employee, project. Then they hit save, which I wish I could make it say continue just for this form, and it takes them to the detail view. The detail view shows the nested list of audit items, with inline actions to yes/no the items. The actions add the audit items to distinct yes and no columns on the audit entry record… Then on the audit items table there is a crazy virtual column with a count that lets the managers slice and dice the data to see where there issues are…

Bahaha, convoluted, I know…

Top Labels in this Space