I've got a problem with a sliced view. The s...

I’ve got a problem with a sliced view.

The slice has the following show condition: AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]="", [Installation ok?]="", [MBI ok?]=""))

When I “Test” it, it works probably and it shows all the entries I want to see.

But in the UX view, they just don’t show up.

When I make a more simple formula ([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”) it works.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance. Adrian

0 19 416
19 REPLIES 19

If all your fields inside the OR expression are not blank, it won’t show any records. Is that the situation

Exactly, it just doesn’t work, the “test” shows those entries, but the sliced view doesn’t.

Yes, I have a lot of records where the first condition is true, and those other three conditions in the OR are empty.

With what row number?

ex. Row Number 76, 79 and 80

You have a dashboard view “Bauleiter Kontrolle” and the 2nd view is “OTO Bauleiter” which is a slice from the DB_OTO table. If I open the table view, all your columns [Messung ok?], [Installation ok?] and [MBI ok?] seems to be blank.

Your actions are writing value “Ok” into your columns. They should write TRUE because the column type is Y/N. Anyway… I can’t see any “Ok” either.

I think I got a logic problem here in my head.

When I have this Show If formula: AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]="", [Installation ok?]="", [MBI ok?]=""))

It should show every entry that has OTO Status = 02-installiert if 1, 2 or 3 of the OR condition are empty.

And then it would also work with the action that sets “ok”.

In this case I just have to change the column type from Y/N to

Or am I confusing myself with something?

You have understood it correctly. If you have values “ok” in your datatable, you should change them to TRUE when you change the column type to Y/N. Then they will work as well.

If you don’t want to set any value other than TRUE, you could write the formula like

AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”,OR(NOT([Messung ok?]=TRUE),NOT([Installation ok?]=TRUE),NOT([MBI ok?]=TRUE)))

Thank you Aleksi, I think I got it now. I’ll try this out on the weekend when the app isn’t in use.

You’re welcome

What is the account ID, app name and slice name? I can check the app if it’s okay for you?

Account ID: 396133 App Name: ewz Z009 Slice Name: OTO Bauleiter

Thanks in advance, Aleksi.

Are you looking for AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]=FALSE, [Installation ok?]=FALSE, [MBI ok?]=FALSE))

Still doesn’t work.

The view name would be “OTO Bauleiter”

Where are you showing that view? It seems that it*s a ref view.

It’s used in the view “Bauleiter Kontrolle”

I’m still looking for a solution to this problem. I couldn’t fix it by myself.

Do you have any record where you have that value FALSE? I mean those 3 columns.

Top Labels in this Space