I've got a problem with a sliced view. The s...

(Adrian Enz) #1

I’ve got a problem with a sliced view.

The slice has the following show condition: AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]="", [Installation ok?]="", [MBI ok?]=""))

When I “Test” it, it works probably and it shows all the entries I want to see.

But in the UX view, they just don’t show up.

When I make a more simple formula ([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”) it works.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance. Adrian

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

If all your fields inside the OR expression are not blank, it won’t show any records. Is that the situation

(Adrian Enz) #3

Exactly, it just doesn’t work, the “test” shows those entries, but the sliced view doesn’t.

(Adrian Enz) #4

Yes, I have a lot of records where the first condition is true, and those other three conditions in the OR are empty.

(Aleksi Alkio) #5

With what row number?

(Adrian Enz) #6

ex. Row Number 76, 79 and 80

(Aleksi Alkio) #7

You have a dashboard view “Bauleiter Kontrolle” and the 2nd view is “OTO Bauleiter” which is a slice from the DB_OTO table. If I open the table view, all your columns [Messung ok?], [Installation ok?] and [MBI ok?] seems to be blank.

(Aleksi Alkio) #8

Your actions are writing value “Ok” into your columns. They should write TRUE because the column type is Y/N. Anyway… I can’t see any “Ok” either.

(Adrian Enz) #9

I think I got a logic problem here in my head.

When I have this Show If formula: AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]="", [Installation ok?]="", [MBI ok?]=""))

It should show every entry that has OTO Status = 02-installiert if 1, 2 or 3 of the OR condition are empty.

And then it would also work with the action that sets “ok”.

In this case I just have to change the column type from Y/N to

Or am I confusing myself with something?

(Aleksi Alkio) #10

You have understood it correctly. If you have values “ok” in your datatable, you should change them to TRUE when you change the column type to Y/N. Then they will work as well.

If you don’t want to set any value other than TRUE, you could write the formula like

AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”,OR(NOT([Messung ok?]=TRUE),NOT([Installation ok?]=TRUE),NOT([MBI ok?]=TRUE)))

(Adrian Enz) #11

Thank you Aleksi, I think I got it now. I’ll try this out on the weekend when the app isn’t in use.

(Aleksi Alkio) #12

You’re welcome

(Aleksi Alkio) #13

What is the account ID, app name and slice name? I can check the app if it’s okay for you?

(Adrian Enz) #14

Account ID: 396133 App Name: ewz Z009 Slice Name: OTO Bauleiter

Thanks in advance, Aleksi.

(Aleksi Alkio) #15

Are you looking for AND([OTO Status]=“02-installiert”, OR([Messung ok?]=FALSE, [Installation ok?]=FALSE, [MBI ok?]=FALSE))

(Adrian Enz) #16

Still doesn’t work.

The view name would be “OTO Bauleiter”

(Aleksi Alkio) #17

Where are you showing that view? It seems that it*s a ref view.

(Adrian Enz) #18

It’s used in the view “Bauleiter Kontrolle”

(Adrian Enz) #19

I’m still looking for a solution to this problem. I couldn’t fix it by myself.

(Aleksi Alkio) #20

Do you have any record where you have that value FALSE? I mean those 3 columns.