I've had a few complaints over the weekend ab...

I’ve had a few complaints over the weekend about users accessing their apps.

"I was planning on making my calls and emails this afternoon but when I try to refresh the AnnualFund app, I’m getting an error.

Error The 6Medeiros- CAISAnnualFund-201439- 18-07-30 app did not load successfully. Please contact the app creator.

__:Network error. Please check connectivity and try again."

and also

"My AppSheet app signed me out and it’s not letting me sign in. Giving me an error. Any ideas how to re-authenticate so I can make my calls?

I might have to use another gmail account, I also own 1700constantino@gmail.com which has less security restrictions."

The error message is attached.

Any ideas?

Seems not a coincidence that two users complained about entry into their app over the weekend.

0 4 387
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

Hi @Tina_Cheng.

For your first issue: “network error” means that the AppSheet app wasn’t able to connect to the internet. This is usually an issue with the device (e.g. no reception or no wifi connection or no data). If it repeatedly happens, please let me know.

For your second issue: It looks like your user might need to change some of their Google security settings to allow AppSheet to access their drive. See this page for more details: https://landing.google.com/advancedprotection/

@tony thank you! Seems like at least for the 1st error, the user was eventually able to connect.

I have a question about the 1st error…the file in question is called “The 6Medeiros- CAISAnnualFund” Originally, I copied contents from another app that I created last year (called 6Medeiros…etc.).

Is that why this error has the name of the OLD app even though the app in question is called something entirely different? Is there somewhere I need to update the name so the old app name doesn’t keep popping up?

The old app is not active.

tony1

There are two names associated with an app. One is the display name, which you can freely change. The other is the internal app name, which is what is in your error message. This is fixed.

The internal app name is usually something like AppName-account#-date

So it looks like the app name in the error message has a date. That may differ from your other app.

@tony yeah, so it looks like I can’t change the internal app name because I copied over from another app. The date was probably when I copied it over in July 2018.

Oh well.

Just looks weird when people get error messages.

Top Labels in this Space