I've just started using AppSheet on a spreads...

I’ve just started using AppSheet on a spreadsheet containing one column of German vocabulary and another column with their English definitions

I can see how to filter the list by entering a text string in the search box at the top of the app but I can’t see how to restrict the filter to the German. For example, I might want to see all the German vocab containing “bin” but i don’t want to pick up the English terms too (like “bind” etc).

What’s the best way around this? Sorry if it’s a dumb question but I did search first.

0 3 306
3 REPLIES 3

If that data is in the same view, unfortunately you don’t have any other option.

is a workaround possible? could I add my search term to another table and use it to filter just the terms in one column. I’m familiar with MS Access but new to AppSheet

You can control the searchable option column by column, but not like view by view. If you create two different views from the same table, they will have the same option and it would not work.

One workaround is another small table where you will ask the string and then it will filter your table in a slice. You can use usersettings feature for this purpose as well.

Top Labels in this Space