I've noticed for the last couple of days that...

Jason_R
Participant I

I’ve noticed for the last couple of days that when saving a form, the view is then switched to whatever the right most primary view is. I’ve tried specifying a view after form save for testing purposes but I still get the right most view. Everything seems to work fine in the editor pane but for whatever reason on the phone the wrong view is shown. This has become a frustration for my users, any ideas or others noticing a similar behavior?

0 7 737
7 REPLIES 7

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

Could yo provide more details? Perhaps a screen capture of the behavior?

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

Adding @Aleksi_Alkio Translate

In the app editor, go to UX > Options > GENERAL and make sure Starting view is set as desired.

AND/OR

Do anything in the app editor to produce the SAVE/Save & verify data buttons, and click Save & verify data.

Jason_R
Participant I

Thanks for the quick responses! It’s difficult to screen cap the behavior. I have three primary views, one table view which drills down to children and ref views, one map view, and a dashboard view of charts. One of the refs in the table view provides a form for data collection, when selecting the save button the data are queued in the sync and the view goes straight away to the right most dashboard view of charts. I originally had a calendar view as a fourth view which was right most and before removing it the view would switch to that. This behavior requires users to then go back to the table view and drill down to the form again for another round of data collection. The starting view is set correctly and does indeed start the app in this view. For testing purposes, I have selected a specific detail view to show on form save, this view is flashed on save before quickly switching to the dashboard view again. Save & verify produces no errors.

Hmm… This sounds familiar, but I can’t remember any details.

@Jason_R1 It would really help us to understand your problem if you could take a small printscreen video. Could that be possible? If you don’t want to show that video here, you could send it to support@appsheet.com.

Jason_R
Participant I

@Aleksi_Alkio I have sent a video screen capture of the behavior to support. I didn’t know I could do a video capture, thanks!

Top Labels in this Space