I've seen it's possible to get the highest or...

I’ve seen it’s possible to get the highest or lowest value from a column, but is there any function to get the newest value?

Let’s say I have an application where users introduce data through a form. I would like to have a show column in that form showing the last value introduced in a column from that form. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!

0 4 319
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, you can use MAXROW() function in regards to a date column which would mean the newest entry: https://intercom.help/appsheet/expressions/expression-types/list-expressions-and-aggregates

Once you enter it in a Virtual Columns formula, then you can refer to any columns of that MAX row like this:

[MaxVirtualColumn].[AnyColumn]

Also check out this page: intercom.help - MAXROW() MAXROW() intercom.help

Thank you for your answer Reza! I will try your workaround, but I’ve finally managed to do it using INDEX() on the column I want and then passing COUNT() of the column (the same one) as the number to index, do you think it would be a valid solution?

Yes, whatever works for you do it. The solution I told you was a more general form when the last row could be a logical last row (based on any columns) and not only the physical last row. Also it will allow you to grab more than one column from that last row, if needed.

Top Labels in this Space