Jargon/Job Title Interpretation

Hello,

Is there a function in AppSheet that will take a job title and make an inference based on a search for it, since employers have different name for different job titles.

Thanks!

0 4 261
4 REPLIES 4

No, although you could build your own table of related terms that might work.

I have thisโ€ฆ how can I proceed? My understanding is to use refs but Iโ€™m not sure.

Rory

Note that I havenโ€™t tried this myselfโ€ฆ but if I were to, I would create a user_titles table that includes a related_titles enumlist referencing itself:

2X_6_6468511ab27cd9475a49da3a5c863c10db0a8e3b.png

You could make an onsave action that ensures consistency across all user_titles as you update them. For example, if you add the related term โ€˜Ownerโ€™ to the user_title โ€˜CEOโ€™, you would also want to add the related term โ€˜CEOโ€™ to โ€˜Ownerโ€™. There would also be ways to ensure this level of consistency with virtual columns. Hard to say which is better - it would depend on how large your table is and how often you intend on updating it.

For my own curiosityโ€ฆ Iโ€™d like to know how @Steve would approach this.

Iโ€™d seen this topic and couldnโ€™t think of a good way to do what @Rory_Vaughan wanted, but this made me reconsider! I like the direction youโ€™re going!

Top Labels in this Space