July 19, 2021

Release notes:

Deployment Time: 11:36 AM PST

Features & Enhancements

Item Description
Feature LINKTOPARENTVIEW() is a new expression that you can use to navigate to create a link to navigate to the parent view (the same view the AppSheet back button would navigate you to). This feature can be particularly useful in grouped actions.

Bug Fixes

Item Description
Bug An issue was fixed where the overlay action icon color was inconsistent in some color themes.

Rollout changesPreview announcements

Item Description
​​Ability to set custom margins for PDF email attachments. Deployed to 50% of free users.

Preview announcements

The AppSheet Preview program lets app creators try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. Learn how to participate in the AppSheet preview program for app client features.

• No new preview features were released today.

What's currently available in the Preview program?

Item Description
Feature Table view

Table View now supports freezing the first column while scrolling horizontally. For details, see Freezing the first Column of a Table View - in Preview Program.

Feature Chart Editor

App Creators can now make use of our new chart editor and the new and improved charts it can create. Learn more.

2 Likes

In case this sounds familiar to anyone else but me, this feature replaces Action: Navigate back that was added last month.

4 Likes

I just simply believe the action was replaced to new deeplink expression to do the same job, but we are not seeing confirmation from AppSheet team about this…

@wabrian

1 Like

I asked internally but received no response.

Attn @Arthur_Rallu

2 Likes

@Ferret @tsuji_koichi This is correct.

The “navigate back” action was removed. Instead, you can have the same effect by using LINKTOPARENTVIEW() in an action that lets you navigate to other views.

5 Likes

I just epicly struggled to find this thread again. I was thinking it was LINKTOPREVIOUSVIEW() . I just wanted to add that text , and some other keywords, here in case someone else would try to search it in the future like I just did.

Link to previous view

3 Likes

Also, I just used this for the first time, and its great!

It even works under the following scenario, which really pleasantly surprised me:

1. Start in parent record Detail view.
  2. Click Action button that uses LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW to view inline table of child records, in this case to view only “incomplete” children.
  3. Click into one child’s Detail
  4. Click grouped Action button:
    a. changes the record to “complete”
    b. LINKTOPARENTVIEW()
  5. Now back in the filtered inline child table view, which now doesn’t contain the just-completed record. I.e. the filter was re-applied. Perfect!
6 Likes

Hi @Arthur_Rallu thanks you for your confirmation, which is indeed in line with my expectation.
I privately email to your team to get the support for this .

When we move the view to view using deeplink expression of linktorow, then it works as designed to show. However, return to previous view is igonoring the value of row ID. So hitting the return action, we just stay the same view but none of row is selected. This is obviously the return to previous view is just preserving name of view (just like linktoview) but not recording the row ID which was bringing app user to the current view they are on using linktorow expression to move view to view.

Is this a bug or we need to throw a new feature request?

2 Likes