Jump from one form to another and then back after saving

I need to be able to have a form to add a row to a Call Log table that also allows the users to be taken to a Survey Form and once they save that form they will come back to their Call Log form. Is this possible? I do not technically need these to both be form view but I would really like it to have the save button so that I donโ€™t get partial entries and have to deal with those on the backend.

0 4 461
4 REPLIES 4

Lets call the forms A and B.

You want the navigation to be like this : A --> B --> A, I suppose.

1. Make an action for the table of form A with linktoform() expressions. It lets you pre-fill values. The action should โ€˜linkโ€™ to form B. Get familiar with linktoform() if you arenโ€™t already.

2. As the previous reply points out in an image, the โ€˜Finish Viewโ€™ for form A shouldnโ€™t be the default. If you have correctly set up the action, that would show up in the drop-down. Choose that. It enables you to โ€˜jumpโ€™ to the form B from A without having an intermediate table / deck view.

3. The navigation to form A from B should be the same. Make an action from the table of form B, and use linktoform() expression.

4. Now when you have been taken back to form A after a โ€˜complete cycleโ€™, you need some sort of โ€˜deciderโ€™ for the action to take to form B to not trigger again. Otherwise you would be caught in a forever loop; Iโ€™d hazard the app might not run at all in that scenario. A simple method would be having a Yes/No column in form A, which would decide whether the action to take to form B would be triggered or not.

I think youโ€™re confusing โ€œFinish Viewโ€ with โ€œForm Saved Actionโ€.

Creating LINKTOxxx โ€œform-savedโ€ actions is another good to way solve this, if the simpler โ€œFinish Viewโ€ isnโ€™t good enough.

Ah yes. My bad. Sorry for that.

Top Labels in this Space