Keep getting Unable to find table 'START:' error message

Trying to implement an email workflow. When I have template definition of:
<<Start:[Related Gen_Contracts]>>
<<[vLabel]>>
<< SELECT(Gen_Contract_TermDefinitions[ID], [Gen_Contract]=[_thisrow].[ID])>>Some string value

<>

I get an email that shows:
Occeas(Master Bed)-Grantland Dr Weekly Rental Agreement

Some string value

When I modify template to be:

<<Start:[Related Gen_Contracts]>>
<<[vLabel]>>
<< START: SELECT(Gen_Contract_TermDefinitions[ID], [Gen_Contract]=[_thisrow].[ID])>>Some string value
<>
<>

The result is this error message:
Failed: Action not performed because 2 errors are present. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜generateLeaseAgreementPDFtoEmailโ€™ action โ€˜Email New Lease Agreement as PDFโ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜Start:[Related Gen_Contracts]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find table โ€˜START:โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Unitsโ€™?. Error: Workflow rule โ€˜generateLeaseAgreementPDFtoEmailโ€™ action โ€˜Email New Lease Agreement as PDFโ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜Endโ€™ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined fieldโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m using a google Doc template.

I retested after removing the blank spaces around the second โ€˜Startโ€™ but get the same results. I double check my syntax against this article and canโ€™t find an error, https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961746-template-start-expressions.

Please help me find the problem.

0 6 748
6 REPLIES 6

Would you please take a printscreen from your template. Then we can be sure what the syntax is, thanks.

Attached are screen shots. I hope these help.

2X_8_820054033fa5878d835d5ba054d64799feb13861.png

What happens if you try just?

<<Start: [Related Gen_Contracts]>>
<<[vLabel]>>
<< End >>

After more testing, I discovered it has something to do with the tables in the template.

Fails:

2X_2_2f04e45964985ec62be173897b47883b473e344a.png

Works:

Yes you should have Start: and End either inside of the same table or outside, but not like where Start: is outside and End is inside or the opposite.

Then itโ€™s still puzzling why it didnโ€™t work here. (one of the original screen captures)

Retested same definition this way:

Top Labels in this Space