Labeling histograms with total count

Is there a way to add the total count to bar graphs (histogram) like the value label can be added to a donut or pie chart?
Pie -

Bar -

It seems only in the web app does the count appear when hovering over the graphic. Nothing appears in the app to show the count.

Thanks all!

0 11 1,001
  • UX
11 REPLIES 11

tony1

@Tim_Martin If you long press on the bar, the tooltip should appear.

Hmmmโ€ฆthat does not appear to be the case in my โ€˜environmentโ€™ @tony : iPhone XR (iOS v 12.2) or on an iPad Air (same iOS). โ€ฆ

@Tim_Martin - on my iPhone 7 iOS 12.2, a long press on a bar shows the tooltip when released. Any chance the intro of โ€œ Haptic Touchโ€ on the XR creates issues? I can try and test my app on an XR later today, but would be surprised thatโ€™s the cause

@Gil Do you know if this is an issue on iOS? I tested it on Android.

@Tony, @Gil this might be related to my other question: New Bug Encountered:App doesn't reopen

Works on both Android and iOS (iPhone X) for me.
@Tim_Martin, what happens when you long press the bar/pie? Does it go to the details view?

nothingโ€ฆthere is a โ€˜detailsโ€™ button I can hit to get to the table listing of each of the entries and from there a detail viewโ€ฆ

@Tim_Martin, are you running your app in mobile browser by any chance? If so can you please try it in the mobile app?

dunno how I missed this @Gilโ€ฆsorryโ€ฆbut yesโ€ฆthis is running in the mobile appโ€ฆ when pressing the bar, it does go to details view.

Is it just me, or is the hover function broken since roughly a week?

No, devs are aware of this. Lets hope they could solve it soon.

Top Labels in this Space