Landscape mode is funky on iPhone

Hi! Today I noticed a problem when I flip my iPhone to landscape mode while I’m using the AppSheet app. In the following image you can see that what should be a black or white bar over the whole top of the screen is split in half (the part that could be seen in portrait mode and the part that couldn’t, I assume).

My iPhone is an ancient iPhone 6 but when I tried AppSheet on my wife’s iPhone 11 I got similar but slightly different issues with landscape mode there too. Eventually, I’d like to write to support@appsheet.com about this but I wonder if others of you would be willing to check and see if landscape mode is working well with the AppSheet app on your iPhones. Thanks!

P.S. My screenshot is of an animated gif that I made and placed in my app. I wanted to use landscape mode to zoom in. I found similar issues, however, even when I was not attempting to view and image or gif.

4 10 343
10 REPLIES 10

Same on iPhone 12.

Thanks! This is probably enough confirmation. I wonder if @Steve or another of the AppSheet guru’s can just ‘escalate’ this post or if I need to write to support@appsheet.com individually.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

I’m on iPhone 12 mini, can confirm I get the same issues when previewing my app in the AppSheet app. (That’s a lot of apps in one sentence O.o) Table views and card views with “list” setting have very little room for viewing the data, seemingly due to top and bottom pad.

@Kirk_Masden Any updates on this? I’m seeing funky behavior too, as well as my client (ugh) . Also having issues switching between portrait - landscape - back to portrait

Sorry. I’m afraid I don’t have any news to report.

Having same problem. Latest iOS update might be the issue.

Did you report this to appsheet as well?

No but it looks like AppSheet have identified the issue and are rolling out a fix over the weekend.

Yep, that’s correct!

Top Labels in this Space