Large Payload - Sending PDF

Hi everyone,

I am using a workflow which sends an pdf by email (very simple). The size of this PDF is about ~18 kb and add only 1-rowinformation (data) and no pictures or anything like this (except the company logo which is about a 8kb).

I noticed that I can get this pdf with exactly same information with no problem in pdf when I do not put this information in a table and document landscape format.

As soon I want to re-structure the layout (table format), I get the message during testing that the payload is too large.

When I copy this error message in an local HTML file

I can see Appsheets tried to structure it in the table format.

Anybody suggestions what might cause this problem

Solved Solved
0 23 866
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

this is pretty dissapointing. Appsheets seems to work only for less complex UseCases ๐Ÿ˜•
OK, I will close this ticket.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Nice troubleshooting, @Robert ! This definitely seems like a bug.

Could you please email this to support@appsheet.com?

Appsheet canโ€™t give me an reliable answer and analysis at the moment. So we need to stick with the bug.

Is there any update of this issue? Has the rootcause been found yet?
Thx,. Robert

Did you contact support@appsheet.com?

yes I did, and got a confirmation on Saturday.

Hi everyone,

is there any update to the resolution of this topic?
Thx!

What did Support tell you?

nothing, only that they acknowledged the issue

More than just an acknowledgement; they also made some requests:

I noticed you had an error message but it was something that you had copied into an HTML file? Can you send a copy of that error message? Are there any other error messages that surface in the UI?

Please respond to Support.

they replied before 18 hrs. (in the middle of the night), mine was 21 hrs
Thx anyway

It looks like the html (see screenshot in de ticket) has a nesting html file. That is the reason why I have two files saved locally. That might be the reason that the payload is assumed as large?!?

{"$type":"Nirvana.Data.TaskResultEmail, V2API","Attachment":{"$type":"Nirvana.Data.TaskAttachment, V2API","Archive":"AttachAndDoNotArchive","Byte":null,"ByteEncoded":null,"FileName":"","FilePath":"","FileStore":"","MimeType":"text/html","Name":"Nick Haasmann Messung und Analyse.html","PageHeight":0,"PageOrientation":"Landscape","PageSize":"A4","PageWidth":0,"TemplateHasCustomFonts":true,"Text":"

โ€œโ€

NH Training Club | FeldstraรŸe 40a | 2345 Brunn am Gebirge

NH Training Cub Hautfaltenmessung & Analyse:

ID

Kรถrpergewicht

Lean Mass

Kรถrperfett

Kinn

[mm]

Wange

[mm]

Brust

[mm]

Trizeps

[mm]

Schulterblatt

Rippe

[mm]

Hรผfte

[mm]

Bauch

[mm]

Knie

[mm]

Waden

[mm]

v. Oberschenkel

[mm]

h. Oberschenkel

[mm]

Bizeps

[mm]

SUMME

[mm]

c60c387a

26,65 %

Prio

",โ€œByteLengthโ€:0,โ€œBytePresentโ€:false,โ€œPDFCountโ€:0,โ€œTextLengthโ€:12722,โ€œTextPresentโ€:true},โ€œBccโ€:,โ€œBodyโ€:"Hallo Robert,

Anbei als PDF deine neue Hautfaltenmessung und Analyse

Beste GrรผรŸe,
Nick",โ€œCcโ€:,โ€œFromDisplayโ€:โ€œrobert@nhtc.atโ€,โ€œMailTemplateโ€:โ€œFINAL-DATACHANGEโ€,โ€œMessageChannelNameโ€:โ€œSystem Defaultโ€,โ€œOtherAttachmentsโ€:{"$type":โ€œNirvana.Data.TaskAttachments, V2APIโ€,โ€œWorkflowAttachmentListโ€:},โ€œPreHeaderโ€:โ€œUpdate to application โ€˜NHTC-360ยฐโ€™ table โ€˜Kรถrperfettmessungenโ€™ by โ€˜robert@nhtc.atโ€™ at 23.01.2021 13:00:56โ€,โ€œPreserveRecipientsโ€:true,โ€œReplyToโ€:โ€œrobert@nhtc.atโ€,โ€œSubaccountโ€:null,โ€œSubjectโ€:โ€œHautfaltenmessung & Analyseโ€,โ€œTitleโ€:โ€œAlert: Update to application โ€˜NHTC-360ยฐโ€™ table โ€˜Kรถrperfettmessungenโ€™โ€,โ€œToโ€:[โ€œrobert@nhtc.atโ€],โ€œProviderTypeโ€:0,โ€œProviderApiKeyโ€:โ€œLFAwmMpIFKPpRm7ikwlSxQโ€,โ€œAppErrorsโ€:{"$type":โ€œJeenee.DataTypes.AppErrors, Jeenee.DataTypesโ€,โ€œRecordInfoโ€:false,โ€œRecordWarningโ€:true,โ€œAnnotateErrorsโ€:false,โ€œErrorsโ€:},โ€œTaskTypeโ€:โ€œEmailโ€,โ€œTaskNameโ€:โ€œHFM und Analyse:SendMailHFMโ€}

both files have the exactly the same content

can anyone replicate this error?

can it be possible that I have these problems because my table has 52 rows?

I mean Data Table - not the table in a document

this is pretty dissapointing. Appsheets seems to work only for less complex UseCases ๐Ÿ˜•
OK, I will close this ticket.

I also face the same problem. If I add a single row table to my data formatting in attachment format, It shows โ€œLarge payloadโ€ and it fail to execute. Does Appsheet have the capability to handle the formatted report?.

I'm facing the same issue. No errors message, just {...large payload...} and don't execute the task send email. Also was working fine for few days and when add other bot stop working, I've tried to eliminate, go back to prototype, create new ones, nothing work, no error founded.

1.png

I spend enormous amounts of time to figure out automation bugs. Testing will show success. Automation monitor will show completed. But it does not work. 

Best way is to check in audit history. Most of the time audit history works perfectly because it was implemented in early stages of AppSheet. Features in automation are really messy and a beginner user will have difficult time to understand and fix bugs in automation bots.

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Automation is junk.

Last couple of days I spent hours just to find out it was an automation bug and for no reason I took soo much unwanted headache when a live app of my very old client stopped out of nowhere. 

Top Labels in this Space