"Latest" not working in "Feature Requests"

Last night I posted a feature request:

Today, however, when I was looking at posts in the community I realized that I hadnโ€™t seen my own post. When I tried to look for it in the the โ€œFeature Requestsโ€ section I couldnโ€™t find it, even though less than 24 hours had past. Even tapping on โ€œLatestโ€ didnโ€™t help:

It seems that โ€œLatestโ€ doesnโ€™t work here (and perhaps it doesnโ€™t work elsewhere as well โ€“ havenโ€™t conducted a survey yet).

I think the current situation is quite problematic for โ€œFeature Requests.โ€ Requests the generate a lot of discussion keep getting put before peopleโ€™s eyes but requests that are reasonable but might not generate discussion tend to have a very short โ€œwindowโ€ in which to be viewed and considered.

By the way, โ€œVotesโ€ seems to work, except that I canโ€™t find my post with others that have received the same number of votes.

Thanks for your consideration.

0 3 345
3 REPLIES 3

Now I see that โ€œLatestโ€ seems to be the same as โ€œVotesโ€ and โ€œTopโ€ โ€“ ranked according to the number of votes, not chronology. Unlike โ€œTopโ€, however, we canโ€™t choice a period of time for โ€œLatestโ€ and โ€œVotes.โ€ All in all, this is extremely funky and likely to lead some valuable suggestions to be overlooked. Instead of โ€œthe rich get richerโ€ I think the current set up tends to lead to a situation where โ€œthe voted get more votes.โ€ If AppSheet intends to use the number of votes as an indication of what requests actually have the most support, I think this issue needs to be addressed.

By the way, โ€œActivityโ€ does seem to be chronological โ€“ and I see my post there. But perhaps this is different from what was intended by โ€œLatestโ€ (arrangement by posting date?).

@Peter, I hope you donโ€™t mind my tagging you as we have discussed improving the community in the past.

Hey @Kirk_Masden, thanks for bringing this up - Iโ€™ve noticed the voting functionality in Discourse leads to some wonky sorting/filtering issues that behave differently from other categories - Iโ€™ve been encountering the same things youโ€™ve described.

One thing you can try that might give you some other options is playing with the URL string - try adding โ€˜?order=votesโ€™ to the end of your URL after youโ€™ve filtered by a desired timeframe (I use this when tracking requests on a larger timeframe).

Similarly, you can apply โ€˜?order=op_likesโ€™ to any category to sort by likes of any Topic (not cumulative activity).

Thanks! Iโ€™ll try these suggestions. I know that AppSheet has not built the community software so you are not in a position to edit it. Donโ€™t you think, though, that the provider should fix it?

Top Labels in this Space