Launch a custom action with a if condition on the other sheet

Hi guys,
I’d like to make this features in App Sheet but I don’t know if it is possible.
In my DB (sheet 1) created with my app I need that every time that someone inserts or changes a form a new event accours.
This events send a mail only to the account insert in sheet 2 with a field equal to a field of the form .
If It’s impossible can I call in appsheet an action made in app script that make it?
Thankyou very much.
Denis

0 9 523
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet cannot invoke or use App Script.

What a pity!
Thank you Steve.
Do you think I can do it inside App sheet?
Best regards
Denis

You can do that with

But!
Only if changes on data are done by your application (to hit automation bots)

Or by API

Ok
“Any way except direct data change”

Let sumarize this

That’s one of the many things that can be done using bots. Now, by “form” do you mean the record/row?

Can you post a screenshoot? This seems easy but I’m not sure if I understand what you mean.
If your “sheet 2” is like a user table and some users have certain roles (for example, “admin”) and an email column, you can send the email to the row/user/email that matches the “admin” role.

As @Steve said, AppSheet and App Script are different things and there is no direct integration. Now, if you are familiar with App Script (I’m not) you can check this post

Dear Oscar,
thankyou for your time.
In red my answers.

3X_2_0_20e73032e9443616e710abb8dddc257caa1270f7.png | SkrOYC OscarYC Regular
November 13 |

• | - |

Let sumarize this

Denis_Dal_Soler:

In my DB (sheet 1) created with my app I need that every time that someone inserts or changes a form a new event accours.

That’s one of the many things that can be done using bots. Now, by “form” do you mean the record/row?

Yes I mean a new record (row in sheet 1 )

Denis_Dal_Soler:

This events send a mail only to the account insert in sheet 2 with a field equal to a field of the form

Can you post a screenshoot? This seems easy but I’m not sure if I understand what you mean.
If your “sheet 2” is like a user table and some users have certain roles (for example, “admin”) and an email column, you can send the email to the row/user/email that matches the “admin” role.

I try to explain the features. When a user insert or change a record in sheet 1 by the app he inserts a field too selecting from a data list (Es. hobby → sport, music, etc)
The event, generated inside a bot, should send an email to all the other users present in the sheet 2 that have the same hobby and the email inserted in their own row.

Denis_Dal_Soler:

If It’s impossible can I call in appsheet an action made in app script that make it?

As @Steve said, AppSheet and App Script are different things and there is no direct integration. Now, if you are familiar with App Script (I’m not) you can check this post

Ok I’ll read it.
I thought that i could generate an event in apps script when the sheet 2 raw were modified. In this event i can check the sheet 2 with a if then condition on the filed “hobby” and send a mail when it’s true.

Gotcha, but we need to have a better insight of your table’s schema in order to help

Thank you. I found the answer in your link to integrate app sheets and app scripts.

Top Labels in this Space